Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Subscription Fix >

Subscription Fix

Subscription Fix

Old 11-27-2011, 04:37 AM

Default Subscription Fix

After the change over, there whre threads that I watched which no longer came to my mail box. Looking at the thread tools, I saw that I was subscribed. I tried a lot of things - won't say what, that would just confuse the issue. But my fix was as simple as: while on the thread I want to watch, under Thread Tools - unsubscribe, then , without leaving the thread, go back to Thread Tools, and Subscribe, select the option, and you're in business again.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:11 AM

WHAT???? Sounds easy to you, but I am trying to receive replies ad can not get the know how because I am not receiving
anything.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:31 AM

Did you get a reply to this thread pickles? If you did, I may be able to walk you through the process.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:58 AM

Yes I did I am wondering if you could PM me and I could give you my email and we could commute that way, or what ever is easy for you. I have an appointment this Am though . If you reply to this I will let you know I received it and you could help on here. I am not really to good on my computer I get confused with the language if you get what I mean,
Thank You
Old 11-30-2011, 11:29 AM

Default I am still lost

Can't fid where to subscribe or unsubscribe, I have a headache. LOL
Old 11-30-2011, 11:39 AM

My recommendation is to contact Patrice. I wasn't getting anything from the Board and she took care of it in just a couple of days. You can PM her.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:07 PM

• Under the advertising, at the top of the page, there is a short blue bar which says, “Reply to Thread”.
• under that is a greyish tool bar. On the right hand side of that is a place where you can click to View First Unread. (you don't want this option)
• the next item to the right is Thread Tools (there is a little triangle which points down.
• when you roll your curser over the words, Thread Tools, it should change to a hand. Then you click the words.
• you get 3 options: “Show Printable Version” “Email this Page…” and “Unsubscribe from this Thread” (If you have replied to the thread, you have automatically been subscribed) If you have not replied to the thread, your last choice will be Subscribe to this Thread.

• So, If you are reading a new thread that you may not want to make any comments to, but would like to see what other people have to say, you need to click Subscribe to Thread.
• that will bring up a couple of choices, Notification Type and Folder
• each of the above options will present additional choices. Make the selections you want.
• click on the blue bar which says Add Subscription

If you see that you are already subscribed, but you are not getting notifications, there may have been a glitch, or the information the computer has is not what you want.
In that case, which is what I posted here,
Unsubscribe. The page will refresh
• When it has refreshed, start at the top of these directions, click Thread Tools and follow the options.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:27 AM

Thank you for trying I will get there eventually.