Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
trouble loading a picture. >

trouble loading a picture.

trouble loading a picture.

Old 08-24-2016, 06:50 AM

Default trouble loading a picture.

I have been trying for several days to load a picture to no avail. I've checked the help box and followed their instructions, but keep getting the message my upload has failed. Can someone please walk me through this process? Thanks in advance for your help.
Susan
Old 08-24-2016, 07:35 AM

I've never gotten the message that says upload has failed but here is what I do.
1) Take a picture of what I want to post with my camera & save it to "pictures" in my computer.
2) Start your new thread & type in what message you want to say then scroll down to where it says
"additional options" and click on "Manage Attachments".
3) Click on the "Browse" box & find your the picture you want to post in your "pictures" section on
your computer.
4) Double click on your picture & it will send a link to the browse box
5) When you see the link, click the blue upload box ---it will say "uploading file, please wait"
6) When the file is uploaded simple "x" out of that screen & it will be attached to your post.
7) You won't actually see the picture until you actually submit your new thread.

I hope this helps you.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:51 AM

I had the same problem yesterday, salderer. I finally had to go back and resize a pic a second time a bit smaller. I still have trouble loading pics here. I've used photobucket on other forums for so long and it's so easy that I have to re read the instructions for QB every time I post pics and still hope for the best
Old 08-24-2016, 05:56 PM

A couple things finally helped me (thanks to Janice).

1. If you have an iphone, use it to take pictures.
2. Log in to QB, go to the Pictures forum (or whichever forum you want to post your pic), hit "post new thread" and wait for the text screen to appear. Then click on the little "insert image' icon. The screen will prompt you to Choose File. You want to click that, then find the photo in your photo stream and click on it. Then hit 'Upload file." It should appear on your post. You may then write anything you want along with the picture.

Option 2: Email the photo to yourself. Before it sends, it'll ask you to choose size "small", "medium", or "large" ; click medium or small to be sure you're not going to have size problems. I think the file can't be bigger than 200KB? I'm no guru by a long shot. I just have found that two methods work.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:17 AM

Did you get your pics loaded salderer?
Old 08-26-2016, 07:27 AM

I'm also guessing it's the size.

If you use photobucket, you can download your photo from there to your computer and it will download at a smaller size.

Some email software give you the option to choose a smaller size when sending a photo, so that is a quick and easy way to resize.

If you take your photo with your phone (or similar), you could resize the photo directly on the phone (mine is in editing tools, then adjustments, where it gives the option to resize).

Finally, pretty much any photo editing software will allow you to resize your photo.

I'm not sure what the size limit is, but as long as my photo has been under 500 kb, I haven't had issues loading them to this site from my computer.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:10 AM

They don't want us to use photobucket here, Sleepy. So it would entail a bit of up and downloading to get the pics sized and back to your computer. I dont' use cell phone pics because I don't like the quality of them and my DSL pics are all too big so I had to use photo editing software. Yes, it does resize them but it takes a bit to get them the right size. The last pics I took 2 loaded and the third had to be resized again. In all, it took me about 1/2 hour to get the resizing and posting done. It can be a bit of work. I'm hoping salderer can get it figured out for her computer/camera/software combination