Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Tutorials

Tutorials

Help! Like everyone else has been posting, I have also had trouble getting into the forum for probably about a month. It is so frustrating. I figured out how to get in through Pictures but it still is not working correctly. Sometimes when I access something, the pages are blank. Now I went to Tutorials to look up the Dresdan Plate Tutorial and it only show the threads created since 12/10/18 on there. SoO I can't find the Tutorial I want. What to do to find it?

Patrice posted. Click on "pictures". then click on "resources" That takes you to a page that looks like the digest. It worked for me.
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

Quote Originally Posted by aborning View Post
    Help! Like everyone else has been posting, I have also had trouble getting into the forum for probably about a month. It is so frustrating. I figured out how to get in through Pictures but it still is not working correctly. Sometimes when I access something, the pages are blank. Now I went to Tutorials to look up the Dresdan Plate Tutorial and it only show the threads created since 12/10/18 on there. SoO I can't find the Tutorial I want. What to do to find it?
    You can do a search from the search box in the upper right of the page. When the results show up, you can click on the link. More than likely there will no content text. You will be able to see the text if you click on the refresh icon.
    The refresh icon is the circle shaped arrow next to the address bar.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
    Janey & John

Blog Entries
    When i start at the Home page and click to open the Tutorials section, I can access threads all the way back to July 2007.
    I think you will be able to do the same if you change one of your settings.

Click on Settings (top right)
    Scroll down, and click on General Settings (left column)
    Scroll down and select "Show All Threads" as your Default Thread Age Cutoff.

The search feature is still not working at 100%.
    here are the steps to find the specific tutorial you want:

do an Advanced Search
    select the option to search Posts
    search keyword dresden or dresden plate
    make sure to clear the check from the Exact Name option

this will result in a list several pages long
    sift through until you find the one you are looking for

when you first click through to that tutorial, all the posts will appear to be empty.
    (tech support has not yet figured out why that happens. it has been that way since the vBulletin sofware company issued the last update. so, if our techs can't find the cause and solution, they will have to depend upon vBulletin to issue a fix.)

hit the F5 key to refresh the page.
    the posts will appear.

since i had to test anyway, i will share links i found that might be what you want:
    https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutori...al-t80596.html
    https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutori...s-t148547.html

clear as mud?
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

for Newsletter or Digest issues, please contact [email protected]

To contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community, you may email [email protected]

Thank You PatriceJ.

Audrey