Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
when the mailbox is full >

when the mailbox is full

when the mailbox is full

Old 01-26-2014, 08:11 AM
Power Poster

Default when the mailbox is full

I tried to respond to a pm today, but couldn't because the recipient's mailbox was full. I understand the need to limit the size of our personal mailboxes. And I realize that it is our responsibility to monitor that size. But there are probably a lot of members who have no idea that mailboxes can get full, or that they can do anything about it when it happens. I think it would be a nice feature if the board could automatically send an email to us if someone attempts to send a pm and our mailbox is full. Just something saying "you missed a pm because your mailbox is full" and then giving instructions for how to fix the problem.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
I tried to respond to a pm today, but couldn't because the recipient's mailbox was full. I understand the need to limit the size of our personal mailboxes. And I realize that it is our responsibility to monitor that size. But there are probably a lot of members who have no idea that mailboxes can get full, or that they can do anything about it when it happens. I think it would be a nice feature if the board could automatically send an email to us if someone attempts to send a pm and our mailbox is full. Just something saying "you missed a pm because your mailbox is full" and then giving instructions for how to fix the problem.
I agree totally with Dunster! Had no idea until I read her post that there was a size limit on our PM mailboxes on this board - and never have seen any reference to how to "clean out" same on any of the stickies.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:18 AM
Power Poster

Start 2014 with a cleared mailbox everyone! A notification would be great for members with a full mailbox but how?
Old 01-27-2014, 07:32 AM
Power Poster

an email IS sent when the mailbox is full, or is it almost full? i can't remember, but i did receive one of those emails.