2014 Fabric Moratorium

Old 09-23-2014, 03:42 PM
Power Poster

Well, the new baby is home but she is still in the box. We have to fix the wall in the sewing room first. (Had all of our ducting replaced and had to tare out the closet. We are also closing off the door to the bathroom to get more wall space in there. No need to bring the new addition into that mess. She also doesn't have a name yet. Right now I have Luwanda and "Lady Tara" as options.

But I can link you to the Baby Lock site so you can see what she can do. I can't stop smiling. .....and yes, 5 yards of absolutely delicious fabric came home with me along with 3 FQs that will be sent out for the swap. (It was solids, blender, and civil war - nothing in my current repertoir.)
http://www.babylock.com/quilting/crescendo/
Old 09-23-2014, 04:32 PM

OMG! Its a female version of HAL. Just beautiful and that 11" throat space makes me absolutely green. I understand you don't want to unpack her in the middle of a lot of construction but I swear I would have her out on the dining room table. Had to watch the video twice, a truly amazing machine. Congratulations on your new baby!
Old 09-24-2014, 12:54 PM
Power Poster

Thanks Emma. Been thinking of a name and the one that seems to stick is "Anutie Em"
Old 09-24-2014, 04:24 PM

Since I'm Auntie Em to several nieces and nephews I'm going to choose to be honored. Has she been out of the box yet?
Old 09-24-2014, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
Queen: You are one of the people I am in awe of. Since I have completed 8 bed size quilts out of my stash this year if nothing had been added at least there would be a dent. There is a noticeable change in my solids and purples. Maybe there are some new color choices in the future to use up some of the other colors. By the way found the colors I needed for the mystery quilt along. No purchases were made, I'm so pleased.

I'll tell ya what. move a good size stash as many times as I have and not buying new fabric gets easier and easier with every move. It's been moved 7 times since 2005. It got heavier and bigger every time.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:12 PM
Power Poster

No, Emma, she is still boxed up. We had to have all of our ducting replaced in the house so my sewing room closet got dismantled. We decided to use that extra space to enlarge the bathroom. So first, the closet wall has to be closed off and we decided to close off the other door into the bathroom. (Need wall space in the bathroom.) So I don't want to pull a brand new machine into sheet rock work.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:42 PM
Power Poster

I just realized that I got around any moratorium handed down. My sister GAVE me 52 fat quarters, and many yards from her stash. Since I did not pay for it, I am in the clear. YAY!! (actually I did not join, so no one can yell at me) :-)
Old 09-24-2014, 10:31 PM
Power Poster

Boston--we don't yell...we just say "we understand."
Old 09-25-2014, 06:41 AM

Boston: No, no yelling around here. Once in a while a deep sigh is heard but mostly over our own transgressions. Martina: The sheetrock thing, been there done that. We had a home improvement that took six months. We literally had a white Christmas. The tree and all its ornaments were covered with plaster dust. Your construction sounds like it will be great when its finished, larger rooms are always better. After mine I swore I would live in a hovel before I ever did major construction while I lived in the house. Nearest I ever came to being a homicidal maniac. Auntie Em is definitely better in her box for now, a big something to look forward to.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:11 AM

I think I need to get in on this one. I know I have far more fabric than I will use in my lifetime, especially since I am nearing 80 in two months, and I don't have any quilters in my family.