2014 Fabric Moratorium

Old 11-01-2014, 11:31 AM

PP what is the name of that quilt pattern? Looked at the site. Can't find it...........
Old 11-01-2014, 03:35 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by calla View Post
PP what is the name of that quilt pattern? Looked at the site. Can't find it...........
It's not on the site, which is why you had to buy the book for the workshop. it's called tumalo trail. There are lots of pic on pinterest and google images.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
I also want to see a new thread for next year. Pictures are always nice. I am going to a retreat in Pismo Beach next Wednesday and there are a few LQS in town. So I am already reviewing the "touristy, souvenir, supporting the local economy, and playing nice in a group" caveats for jumping off the wagon. OH YES, it is planned. lol I will also have to make a stop along the way on the long drive and what better place to stop than a LQS?
BTW, I only have 5 Suenario blocks to quilt before I can start the QAYG. Leah Day has a great new youtube video of how to do QAYG and it is very detailed.
Okay..if everyone wants to see pictures of stashes, I will take one of mine. My sewing room is very 'cozy' but works for me. Will post tomorrow after I take picture in daylight. Martina, I did one QAYG but was not happy with the thick seams where pieces joined. I will check out Leah Day's video and see if there is something better.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:04 PM

Okay..as promised...here is my stash. I am not one of those quilters who has a tidy quilt room but I am just happy to have a stash. Still need to hone it down a bit though. I have to leave the cardboard box on the table because that is where my quilt inspector sleeps. It is getting quite cozy as it is becoming more lined with cat hair. As you can see...I have lots of boxes started of different projects and a great many scraps. I use the heavy string at top with clothes pins to hang up projects that are in the works. Now it is someone else's turn. :-)
Attached Thumbnails 11-2.jpg  
Old 11-03-2014, 05:02 AM

Sandy: I am kind of waiting for someone that has a bigger stash then me, so I won't be embarrassed. It's amazing how quilters gravitate towards all sorts of plastic boxes. I have two exactly like yours and one the same but a different color.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:50 AM
Power Poster

OK, in the spirit of I'll show you mine if you show me yours, here a few photos. I cheated a bit. I'm in the midst of re organizing my fabric so it's not all in one place. The photos are a sample...
The bolts are 2 deep... and those small boxes on the right are my cut up shirt charm collection. I think I have a dozen of those boxes, several thousand charms... The bins, well, I have the 3 pictured, and in addition, I have a mostly red, mostly green, another neutral and 2 batiks so 8 all together. Oh, I also have one of scraps that are not organized at all. If anyone cares, I ruler fold the fabric and those are 12 gallon bins. The ruler folds fit perfectly in 2 rows.
Attached Thumbnails aaabolts.jpg   aaashelves.jpg   aaashelvesopen.jpg  

Last edited by PaperPrincess; 11-03-2014 at 05:52 AM.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:58 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for sharing your pics.

I promise to share my stash in a couple of days when all is put back in it's proper place. I've been shifting pieces of furniture around the house from the sewing space and everything is chaos. I'm trying to cut out a couple of quilts from scraps while I'm doing this because I don't want to handle some pieces twice.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:32 AM

Emma, please don't be embarrassed. I think we all love to see everyone's stashes, even if they have more than we do. We won't be jealous...at least I won't. I have a quilting friend who used to own a quilt shop and she has an entire room lined with shelves of fabric not to mention two shelves going down the middle which are also filled with fabric. I know that I will never get through all I have unless I get to sewing faster than I am now...but love seeing what others have. I feel the same way about houses. I love to see where other people live but like my own home best. Paperprincess...you are certainly organized. I was intrigued by your floor. Is it solid and just gives appearance of 'cracks'? I was thinking wow.. great way to get rid of snips of thread etc..but bad for losing pins and never getting them back. Ok...looking forward to seeing your pics.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:00 AM
Power Poster

Sandy, it was a 2 story 3 season room that I took over for my sewing area. We added heating/cooling, but the floor is a deck with spacing between the boards. When I sew I have to put something down, but, as you mentioned the lower level has about a million pins. There are huge windows on 2 walls, so I cover the bins & bolts with sun block drapery lining. That's what those orange clamps are for on the shelving unit.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:09 PM

Well, my picture(s)of stash would be mostly under the beds. And one closet. Really, really am trying to use up what I have. Never did I dream that fabric would approach $12-15 a yard!
edited for spelling