Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 04-11-2016, 10:34 AM

Carriem - Congratulations on the finish of not just one, but two projects.

Elly66 - So happy you were able to post a picture of your bargello. I love the color combination.

Krisb - Congratulations on your finished

Wildyard - What great colors for a comfort quilt.

Krista - Love the progress pictures and love them both. There is something about the houses that is fun and the stars are lovely.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:38 PM

Sorry its taken me so long to get the pics posted, one of those weekends you don't want very often. Anyway here they are and some of you will see your Autumn leaf block in there[ATTACH=CONFIG]547592[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]547593[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 004.jpg   003.jpg  
Old 04-11-2016, 04:48 PM

Hi everyone! I came really close to getting Oakley's "Traffic" quilt finished for the mini challenge, but we had so much to do to get ready to welcome his little sister that I didn't make it in time. However, it will be done by next weekend, so that will keep me within my personal goal of one per month.
Little (or maybe not so little) Eliza Lane Enzor arrived today at 2:20 pm, 7 lbs, 10 oz, and 21.5 inches long. I get to babysit big brother Oakley tonight. It's nice to sit and rock with a toddler in your arms, even though he puts off so much heat it's like cuddling a furnace. :-D
Old 04-11-2016, 04:50 PM

Hi KrisB, love your BOM! Two wonderful finishes. Toot, Toot!

Originally Posted by Krisb View Post
Two finishes for April.

First, a BOM finished 2:00 am the 8th. Missed the deadline. Piano key border and plaid bias flange binding.

Then, the Edmund Fitzgerald quilt. Finished piecing 11/10/2015 but just finished the binding.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:10 PM
Power Poster

I had promised a friend that I would get started on her DGS's round robin. Time got away from me and the panels sat here for quite a while. The last two weeks I added 3 individual rounds on the panels and it is being shipped off to the next in line. Not a finished quilt but a finish for me nonetheless.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:40 PM

Wildyard, nice finish! Congratulations. Toot, Toot![ QUOTE=wildyard;7519887]Finally I have a finish to share!!! So busy this year with comfort quilts, but decided this UFO would fill the bill for one of the comfort quilts and give me a finish too!! Finished it today and off it goes in the mail tomorrow! I called this one Lilacs In Spring.[/QUOTE]
Old 04-11-2016, 06:44 PM

Krista, you are definitely on a roll. Although you don't care too much for the houses, I like them. It'll make an interesting quilt. What color borders will you be adding? I look forward to seeing both done. Keep going!
Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
I didn't manage any finishes for the challenge, but I just came back from a retreat where I made tons of progress on UFOs. No finishes, but I hope no one minds if I post a couple of in progress pics. I had a quilt kit (block of the month from 2012 or 2013) called Downtown, which was houses & stars. I didn't really like the combination from day 1, but I loved the stars on their own. At first I planned to only make the stars, but I just could not do it So I diligently made the houses as I went along. I took this project to a retreat this past weekend, and forced myself to finish the last 4 months (4 stars, 8 houses). And I assembled 2 tops out of the results. I still need borders, but I feel like I'm on a roll with this now.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:47 PM

TKHooper, Fun table runner! Thanks for sharing the pic.
Originally Posted by tkhooper View Post
...a picture of a ufo that has already been counted.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:53 PM

Jaba, congrats again on your finishes. Love the leaves; so many different blocks and colors. Nice job putting them all together.

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Sorry its taken me so long to get the pics posted, one of those weekends you don't want very often. Anyway here they are and some of you will see your Autumn leaf block in there
Old 04-11-2016, 06:57 PM

Sorry no tally yet. I'm having trouble with the QB or my ISP, or both. It keeps locking up and I get dumped. Will try again tomorrow. It took 5 minutes to write the lines above.