Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 04-18-2016, 07:36 AM

And in a little promotion of the Booms, you can check the current swap out here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t276351.html

and here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t276350.html

The 2 month group is finishing up in one month while the first group listed, the three month group, has until June 16 to finish and get their blocks to me. Check out the first post in each thread to see the rules. And you can check out the groups' work by clicking on the weebly link in my signature.

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
In a Boomerang swap you send out fabric from YOUR stash to the other participants who add fabric from THEIR stash and make a block that they send back to you. You in turn will get fabrics from all the others and make them each a block from their fabric and some from your stash. When all the blocks have been returned, everyone has a bunch of sampler blocks that are unified by the original fabric.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:41 AM

Toot, Toot Jaba! Love your Boom 14 finish! I always enjoy seeing how the different blocks look together. Thanks for sharing!

And we continue rolling along!
1 more done from a Boomerang swap 3 yrs ago I think[ATTACH=CONFIG]547836[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
Old 04-18-2016, 07:43 AM

Jaba, just when do you relax??? Congratulations and a double Toot Toot for these finishes. Just love the colors, especially on the pink! Beautiful.

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
These are the batik squares I mentioned. Good size for baby quilts or a table top. They ended up 45"x 45"[ATTACH=CONFIG]547964[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]547965[/ATTACH]
Old 04-18-2016, 08:59 AM

I haven't checked in for a while, because I have been working on non-UFO projects. The good news is that I finished one UFO quilt last week after I finally found a back for it. Unfortunately, I don't have a good picture to upload.

Last week, I gave away 4 of my UFOs for others to finish in my charity group. It was hard for me to give them up, but it is liberating to have less projects which, for me, is why I joined this support group.

I currently have 3 UFOs waiting to be pinned and quilted. But I have been working on graduation gifts/baby gifts/mother's day quilts, so I may not get them done until after May.

I love seeing all of the finishes. The amount of projects being finished this year is fantastic!
Old 04-18-2016, 09:49 AM

Default Number 200 and beyond!!!

Congratulations, Silliness, you just pulled us up to a total of 201 for the year so far! Rooty TOOT TOOT! You finished one and gave away 4 others. Those given away do count as finishes so you've added 5 finishes to our total. Excellent.

Originally Posted by silliness View Post
I haven't checked in for a while, because I have been working on non-UFO projects. The good news is that I finished one UFO quilt last week after I finally found a back for it. Unfortunately, I don't have a good picture to upload.

Last week, I gave away 4 of my UFOs for others to finish in my charity group. It was hard for me to give them up, but it is liberating to have less projects which, for me, is why I joined this support group.

I currently have 3 UFOs waiting to be pinned and quilted. But I have been working on graduation gifts/baby gifts/mother's day quilts, so I may not get them done until after May.

I love seeing all of the finishes. The amount of projects being finished this year is fantastic!
Old 04-18-2016, 10:05 AM

Jaba, great quilts and I love the batiks, but then again I am partial to batiks. Like someone else said, when do you just relax?

Silliness, congratulations on your finishes.

As I look out my window and see the tree buds popping I have the realization that my UFO's completed will come to a huge slow down, if not halt. It seems like the nice weather and trips always tears me away from the sewing room. I had the idea of gathering together all my small unfinished projects and getting them to the stage of hand work so when I do travel that I can take them along with me to work on while at the airport.
Old 04-18-2016, 12:26 PM

This is an already counted UFO.
Attached Thumbnails holdiay-wallhanging.jpg  
Old 04-18-2016, 12:37 PM

beautiful wall hanging tkhooper, it'll sure be nice next Xmas for your house.
Sewing and quilting is how I relax ladies! That's why I don't get much else done
Old 04-18-2016, 12:40 PM

Very pretty tkhooper.
Old 04-18-2016, 01:16 PM

That is way cool TK! Is it pleated or is that an optical illusion?

Rob