Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 07-30-2016, 08:12 AM

Amazing quilt skirt. Congratulations, QM! Toot Toot![QUOTE=QuilterMomma;7614351][ATTACH=CONFIG]554848[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]554849[/ATTACH]
Yes!!!!! All done with another. Way to make me get some bindings done. Now one more that needs binding and it may take awhile, scalloped borders. At least it is attached and ready to sew. It may end up an August finish. As you can tell, made use of the left overs also so I used up all my fabric for this project., I have scraps left and may make some ornaments or pot holders to coordinate for the kids. We shall see, no promises till I get there.[/QUOTE]
Old 07-30-2016, 08:16 AM

Toot, Toot, Oksewglad! Lovely finish for your GD and it keeps this train moving! Congratulations!
Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
One ticked off for me...my 7yo GD went through some scraps I had gotten last winter...she laid out the scraps and I found the gray in my stash to fill in the spaces. I got it sewn right away, but then it sat. I needed a small project to practice FMQ before I started on the cow quilt...it's simple, but my GD loves it...[ATTACH=CONFIG]554857[/ATTACH]
Old 07-30-2016, 08:19 AM

Adorable owl fabric. Toot, toot (or should that be Hoot, Hoot?) for your UFO finish. Congrats.
Originally Posted by tlambing View Post
Finished the pillow cases to go with my nieces quilt! So happy to have the whole gift done!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]554859[/ATTACH]
Old 07-30-2016, 10:44 AM

I finished the quilting on my chubby churn dash, now all that has to be done is the binding .......... <sigh> I thought I had enough of the fabric I wanted to use for the binding but when I went searching for it this morning all I found was a small scrap .......... arrrrrgh now I have to think of a back up plan. Anyway, here's a picture of my little quilt finished and waiting for its binding.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]554883[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails chubby-churn-dash-3-.jpg   chubby-churn-dash-4-.jpg  
Old 07-30-2016, 11:11 AM
Power Poster

Cute, cute...hope you can find a good substitute for the binding, maybe a pink similar to the pinks in the center block..
Old 07-30-2016, 11:32 AM

I am going to have my pixal quilt done too, today I am quilting it, SID around the 9P blocks, tomorrow the binding. Now my son wants us to tie it also in the center of the 9P but I am NOT counting that as part of finishing the quilt. He wants to do that in tribute to his old quilt that has been worn out and was only tied, and not quilted. It's fine with me to tie it also, but the quilt is finished with the quilting IMHO. So I'm counting it done once I get the binding sewn tomorrow. Here is a photo of the flimsy, this quilt is the logo for my sons art and design stuff he does. It's 78x 109 and I can't get it all in one photo. This is only about 2/3 of it.
Attached Thumbnails flimsy-long-1.jpg  

Last edited by wildyard; 07-30-2016 at 11:34 AM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 07-30-2016, 12:09 PM

Thank you, oksewglad. But .... lol ..... part of my problem is that all the blocks and the background were made out of scraps and leftovers. I'll just have to dig deep into my stash and find either some fabric that looks good or sew a bunch of scraps together. I have even gone through my binding leftovers ....... nothing speaks up yet!
Old 07-30-2016, 12:20 PM

Momma- love the tree skirt, way to go on the binding.

Oksewglad- that's a cute quilt, I bet your GD loves it

Tambing--cool pillow cases, I love the owls, what a nice gift to go with the quilt.

Sheri-beautiful quilts, and welcome to the board,

Rob
Old 07-30-2016, 12:27 PM

Default UFO Done!

Hey all, here's my July UFO finish. It started out life as a very different quilt several years ago. When I pulled it out of the UFO pile at the beginning of the month I decided I wouldn't be happy with it if I just sandwiched and quilted it. So, I cut it up into strips and squares, then pulled some light valued batiks from my stash and pieced those and the cut up top into 4 patch units and disappearing 4 patch units, then added the orange fabric from my stash so the blocks would float. It ended up being about 67" square. Here's pics of the front and back with some details of the quilting. I have enough left overs from the original top to do at least one more quilt LOL!

Rob
Attached Thumbnails img_0737.jpg   img_0742.jpg   img_0747.jpg  

Last edited by rryder; 07-30-2016 at 12:31 PM.
Old 07-30-2016, 01:00 PM

Wow, Rryder, great quilt! Like the orange background, the floating blocks, the quilting, your use of color. What's not to like? Toot, Toot! Congratulations
Originally Posted by rryder View Post
Hey all, here's my July UFO finish. It started out life as a very different quilt several years ago. When I pulled it out of the UFO pile at the beginning of the month I decided I wouldn't be happy with it if I just sandwiched and quilted it. So, I cut it up into strips and squares, then pulled some light valued batiks from my stash and pieced those and the cut up top into 4 patch units and disappearing 4 patch units, then added the orange fabric from my stash so the blocks would float. It ended up being about 67" square. Here's pics of the front and back with some details of the quilting. I have enough left overs from the original top to do at least one more quilt LOL!

Rob