Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 11-07-2016, 05:17 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Doesn't it just amaze you that we have this many UFOs?
It's bad enough when I look at my stack, but when I look at what we have sitting around collectively......
Old 11-07-2016, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Doesn't it just amaze you that we have this many UFOs?
Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
It's bad enough when I look at my stack, but when I look at what we have sitting around collectively......

Well, if I were to finish all my UFO's by the end of the year (so NOT going to happen!! ), we would be well over the 400 mark!! I am going to make an effort to finish at least one more by the end of November, and at least two for December. I have to use my vacation days before the end of the year, and I was working that out with my boss today. So, I have 5 days at Thanksgiving (Turkey Day, the Friday after, the weekend, and that Monday) and I will get from Dec 23-Jan 2 off as well. So, SURELY I will get some of these UFO's knocked out during that time!!

For me this year, I have already met my personal goal of 12 (the equivalent of 1 per month). But, in addition to the 12, I also finished two customer quilts, of which one of those went to my very first show, MQX Midwest. AND, (not to be lightly dismissed) I did some major reorganizing in my sewing room.

My biggest accomplishment this year was getting up the courage to submit a quilt to a show. I'd never done that before, and while I didn't win a ribbon, just getting accepted was enough to thrill me down to my toes!! Maybe I will submit the quilts I made for our Longarm Guild challenge to whatever show comes next.

Just out of curiosity, if we did a tally right now, how many lurking UFO's do we have altogether? If we hit 400 this year, will we set our sights on 500 next year?

Since I did my reorganization a couple weeks ago, I think I have about 32 UFO's. How about it, UFO-train riders? How many do you still have waiting?
Old 11-07-2016, 07:20 PM

Letawellman: I have 5 UFO's to complete.

Connie
Old 11-07-2016, 07:24 PM

I'm down to 20, with 9 finishes for the year. I have 3 ready to bind which would get me to my goal of 12 for the year and plenty to carry over for next year.
Old 11-08-2016, 06:04 AM

To answer how many UFO's I have. Let me just say, I will be here for a few more years. I do not want to feel overwhelmed. I take it one project at a time and enjoy the process. A very small inventory from my memory of UFO's, only, at least 10-20. That's not counting all of the ones I forgot about.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:43 AM

I have a large assortment of UFOs including flimsies that don't have a home yet, projects that were given to me in various states of incompletion, projects of mine that were set aside because of comfort quilts with higher priorities, and the ever present scrap projects. I don't want to actually count them as that might be daunting, LOL, but I know there are more than 20. Probably more than 30. Possibly as many as 40 or 50. Now there is not a lot of pressure to get these all done asap, as I don't have homes waiting for them. But, I have been thinking it would be nice to have some made up for last minute gifting needs. I can't really make comfort quilts ahead, as each one is made especially for the individual and geared to their likes and preferences. It still would be nice to have other quilts to gift as the need arises.

I'm not adding a lot to the count this fall, or even this year! lol My comfort quilt break keeps getting broken; I am not good at turning down when there is a need. I'm OK with that.
Old 11-08-2016, 10:43 AM
Power Poster

I am not going to stress over the UFOs (or flimsies) in the stack. They gave me joy while I was working on them and I want to enjoy finishing them as well. There is enough stress in my life right now to where the hobby should not add any stress. Plus, it's a good reason to keep coming to the QB and play with you all. We will DEFINITELY want to keep this thread going. I'll be right there with you leta.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:52 PM

Have one UFO done for this month, will post it tomorrow.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:45 PM

Well, I'd say 400 is an attainable goal. UFO challengers, let's keep stitching! Toot, toot!
Old 11-09-2016, 01:34 PM

A stitching we will go, a stitching we will go, high low the needle goes, a stitching we will go.