Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Affairs of the Heart by Aie Rossman QAL >

Affairs of the Heart by Aie Rossman QAL

Affairs of the Heart by Aie Rossman QAL

Old 09-09-2015, 09:06 AM
  #521  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Antlers Oklahoma
Posts: 1,658
Default

I did this quilt the first go round ,gave it to one of my precious GDs.She still displays it ,she says,on special occasions. lol
jolo is offline  
Old 09-15-2015, 04:07 PM
  #522  
dd
Super Member
 
dd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,770
Default

Another one done. This is # 17. Went away last weekend for our 35th anniversary. Stopped at a couple quilt shops in VA and brought back a few new pieces of batik to use on future squares. Already had the next one cut out so have to hurry to get the next one finished so I can get to that new fabric.lol
Attached Thumbnails affairs-heart-17.jpg  
dd is offline  
Old 09-21-2015, 12:54 PM
  #523  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 363
Default

Some really beautiful blocks ...sorry to say another urgent project has taken me away from this one, but admiring all your beautiful work and tenacity!
kindleaddict63 is offline  
Old 10-04-2015, 12:24 PM
  #524  
Moz
Member
 
Moz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 39
Default

I've just purchased the book and starting out. Boy that first block isn't the easiest one to start with is it? Trying a few things to make it easier...I've been needle turning, but getting the pieces in the right position was the hardest part. I was laying them under a tracing paper copy of the design...so I'm thinking of perhaps tracing the lines onto the black background as per instructions this time
Moz is offline  
Old 10-06-2015, 05:03 AM
  #525  
Super Member
 
Macybaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 7,927
Default

Moz - I picked an easier block to start - I agree the first several are rather daunting!

I started marking points for each block at the start, so not tracing all lines but enough to get them placed correctly.

I'm hoping to get back to working on these soon- too much outdoor work over the summer, but it won't be long before it's too cold outside to do much. I'm shooting for nine hand applique blocks. I just don't like doing it enough to complete them all.

I really should get my first set of green sewn together. those blocks are complete. The gold set still needs satin stitching, and I started doing some shadow trapontu blocks to go with that set.
Macybaby is offline  
Old 10-13-2015, 08:40 AM
  #526  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
kaelynangelfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 619
Default

Originally Posted by Moz View Post
I've just purchased the book and starting out. Boy that first block isn't the easiest one to start with is it? Trying a few things to make it easier...I've been needle turning, but getting the pieces in the right position was the hardest part. I was laying them under a tracing paper copy of the design...so I'm thinking of perhaps tracing the lines onto the black background as per instructions this time
I also found it helps to fold the block in half and gently crease with an iron along the horizontal and vertical centers, and also with both diagonals.
kaelynangelfoot is offline  
Old 10-13-2015, 08:44 AM
  #527  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
kaelynangelfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 619
Default

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Moz - I picked an easier block to start - I agree the first several are rather daunting!

I started marking points for each block at the start, so not tracing all lines but enough to get them placed correctly.

I'm hoping to get back to working on these soon- too much outdoor work over the summer, but it won't be long before it's too cold outside to do much. I'm shooting for nine hand applique blocks. I just don't like doing it enough to complete them all.

I really should get my first set of green sewn together. those blocks are complete. The gold set still needs satin stitching, and I started doing some shadow trapontu blocks to go with that set.
I so want to get back to these too! Mine will probably be a multi year project.
kaelynangelfoot is offline  
Old 10-17-2015, 04:13 AM
  #528  
dd
Super Member
 
dd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,770
Default

Originally Posted by kaelynangelfoot View Post
I also found it helps to fold the block in half and gently crease with an iron along the horizontal and vertical centers, and also with both diagonals.
I do this to mine too but found I was still having a little trouble seeing the lines at night time or if I had handled it a lot. I started drawing a light line of chalk along those lines too. Not having any trouble seeing it any more.
dd is offline  
Old 11-11-2015, 08:21 PM
  #529  
dd
Super Member
 
dd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,770
Default

Got #19 finished. Come on girls. I'm calling you out. I'm starting to feel like I've hijacked this thread. Let me see some pics from someone else now.
Attached Thumbnails affairs-heart19.jpg  
dd is offline  
Old 06-07-2022, 05:36 PM
  #530  
dd
Super Member
 
dd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,770
Default

Wow, so no one has posted on this since my last post in 2015? I just wonder how many of us who started these quilts so long ago have actually finished them. I know mine took a long time and was actually hibernating a few times. lol Well, ladies, I'm proud to say my quilt is finished. I was going to put another border on but it wouldn't have fit on my quilt rack. I am so happy it's finally finished. I enjoyed the process but don't think I want to do another.
Attached Thumbnails affairs-heart-5-22.jpg  
dd is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
nycquilter
Main
5
02-08-2016 07:34 AM
kaelynangelfoot
Main
73
12-17-2014 04:55 AM
Cecilia S.
For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
16
10-16-2013 05:37 AM
terisail
For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
9
06-09-2012 06:14 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FREE Quilting Newsletter