Aunt Daisy's Quilt Along

Old 04-03-2022, 09:50 AM

HST for this month, will be an easy one. I don't like any method for making "multiples" at a time, and already have all my triangles cut so it will be sew, press and trim and be done. I do have a bloc loc 4.5" ruler so trimming will be a breeze.
Old 04-26-2022, 01:46 AM

here are my HST for this month.

Attached Thumbnails imgp5624.jpg  
Old 04-26-2022, 06:38 AM

Hi, I'm thinking I would like to make this but I'm not on Facebook. I did find a Wordpress pdf that had over 100 pages of Block A,B,and C units. Will there be more? I'm not sure I could go back and find the rest, if there is. I haven't read through but just skimming I see the info for all size quilts down to even a pillow or topper. Will you all be posting your quilts here, I'd love to see. Thanks for any more info on this.
Old 04-26-2022, 07:08 AM
Power Poster

Toogie, we will post here. The blocks are all 4.5" easy blocks. The author has a website for it, aside from Facebook. It's here:

https://vanessavantreasequiltalongs.wordpress.com/

The blocks are simple, but she usually shows several ways to make them so you can find your favorite.

I've worked ahead a little and did the 4 patch blocks too... so now I have double geese, hourglass, HSTs, and 4 patches enough for the queen sized quilt.
Old 04-27-2022, 05:52 AM

The hardest part for me has been waiting. I am very tempted to work ahead too.
Old 04-27-2022, 07:51 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
The hardest part for me has been waiting. I am very tempted to work ahead too.
I have a hard time staying interested during those long waits for the next block, when doing a BOM. Block of the week type QALs work better for me than BOM. Some people on the Facebook group have gone ahead and made the whole quilt, as soon as the line drawn picture was shown! I'm trying to go slow, but when I have a lull between quilting projects, I will use that time to catch up or work ahead a little. No one cares so I do what works for me.
Old 04-27-2022, 01:18 PM

Thank you sewbizgirl. This is what I found, but like I said, I wasn't sure if this was all there is.I haven't read through but I saw some had finished so is this all we will need? or is it continued with other squares or maybe a border? Does anyone know yet? I have never participated in a sew along...
Old 04-28-2022, 03:05 AM
Power Poster

There will be a few more blocks. They come out on the first of each month. Not sure about a border, tho.
Old 04-28-2022, 06:59 AM

I used the original drawings and picture to figure out all the pieces I needed, then went through my scrap piles and cut them all. So now I have sandwich bags filled with the pieces ready to sew up. That worked well for me as it got me motivated to do something with all those scraps. I actually cut up pieces for three quilts, and am now sewing what is left together randomly.
Old 05-01-2022, 06:41 AM
Power Poster

Wow, Macybaby... you cut up enough for 3? You are going to be busy. Maybe making the blocks randomly will be a lot less boring than sewing 100 of one and then 100 or another... Good going, putting those scraps to use.