Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Autumn Evenings BOW Sampler Quilt-along >

Autumn Evenings BOW Sampler Quilt-along

Autumn Evenings BOW Sampler Quilt-along

Old 09-23-2017, 02:47 PM
Power Poster

Default Autumn Evenings BOW Sampler Quilt-along

Piecing the Past is again hosting a free BOW project, Autumn Evenings. To see the quilt and sign up for the weekly block patterns, go here:

http://www.piecingthepastquilts.com/autumn-evenings-bow

This BOW began on Sept. 18, but if you sign up now you may be able to download the missed first week, along with the second week's block that will be emailed out on 9/25/17. So hurry! Blocks are free during the current week, but past blocks will have to be purchased for $.99 per block.

This thread has been approved by PatriceJ.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:18 PM

Yeah the new thread is Here! Okay so here is my first block. Have the half blocks done too working on the 12 full size alternate blocks today.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]581101[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 20170924_131532.jpg  
Old 09-24-2017, 04:05 PM
Power Poster

That's beautiful, Christine!
Old 09-24-2017, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by frustratedquilter40 View Post
Yeah the new thread is Here! Okay so here is my first block. Have the half blocks done too working on the 12 full size alternate blocks today.

I joined recently ans went ahead and purchased the kit. We have one quilt shop locally and it's just not my style. There are several shops all over this part of NC but the closest one is aboit 25 miles with the rest a whole lot farther - and besides I'm just plain lazy!!!! The fabrics in the kit are exactly what I like with a few that will stretch my colorbox. I have everything printed out so far and just need to get a good sized binder - will put the pages into clear top loading pages. I like binders!!! Sure hope mine come out as beautifully as yours. Need to clean a few things cleaned up so I can reach my machine.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:00 PM

Nice block, Christine!

I will be following along but not starting it yet. I have a few sewing projects I want to finish first.

Connie
Old 09-25-2017, 01:54 AM

I wasn't going to do this one as the quilts ready to quilt are stacking up. But maybe I will. These blocks are 12 inchers and that would add up fast. I STILL have this huge tub of fresh lilac fabrics and scraps that have been calling to me. Anxious to see Ladyinpurple's blocks with the kit. Sew glad to see this thread up. It's my social media.
Marcia
Old 09-25-2017, 07:40 AM
Power Poster

I'm so glad your thread was approved. Thanks for doing this for us. This is my Block #1. I haven't made any alternate blocks yet.
Attached Thumbnails dsc03718.jpg  
Old 09-25-2017, 07:43 AM
Power Poster

Christine your is beautiful. Bonnie wish you would sew along too. Marcia you know you want to join in too.lol Come on Connie. lol
Old 09-25-2017, 08:31 AM

I'll be following along again, but not sewing. I'll have to build up my collection of Civil War prints before I can do justice to these patterns.

Beautiful blocks, Christine and Mary! It's amazing how different the blocks can look depending on the fabric choices.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:21 AM
Power Poster

Pretty first block, Mary! I like your fabric choices.

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
Christine your is beautiful. Bonnie wish you would sew along too. Marcia you know you want to join in too.lol Come on Connie. lol
I might... just for the camaraderie. I didn't like this quilt at all, at first, but now it's starting to grow on me. Might squeeze in the time for a block a week. We'll see how I do with my other projects.

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
I'll be following along again, but not sewing. I'll have to build up my collection of Civil War prints before I can do justice to these patterns.
It's funny you said this... because I was thinking of doing this one with other-than-civil-war fabrics. I do have a lot of them collected tho, from Rest and Refreshing. I also have a huge stash of 1930's repros left from a Farmer's Wife quilt. I might use my 30's!