Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie >

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie

Old 12-06-2022, 03:58 PM

suern3, I'm not clear on what you mean by 'the left side blocks.'
Old 12-06-2022, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by suern3 View Post
Then I kind of remembered hearing about an update from Bonnie about this clue. Looked it up on her blog and found the new info and pictures.
Would you please tell me where in her blog the update to clue #2 is please? Is it a change to the clue?

TIA
Old 12-07-2022, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by jemedwards View Post
Would you please tell me where in her blog the update to clue #2 is please? Is it a change to the clue?

TIA
It looks to me that she has added photos of the front and back of the unit. At least that's all I can see different.
Old 12-07-2022, 06:08 AM

Reported spam.

I'm not doing the mystery this year. Much as I love them, I have too many that are UFOs. Mainly blocks made, but need to be assembled into tops. Plus, I'm not home (snowbird). Last year, I brought fabrics with me, only one per color except neutrals. This year, I brought projects that need completing. Have not yet sewn anything as I've been stripping wallpaper, priming walls, mudding walls, almost to the painting point. Hoping this will be done by the weekend and then sewing can begin!

Although I'm not doing the mystery, I'm enjoying seeing everyone's fabrics and progress, and am cheering you all on.
Old 12-07-2022, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by jemedwards View Post

TIA
Jamie, if you go to Bonnie's blog and then open the PDF for clue 2, the additional information is on pages 3 and 4. As Toverly said, she added some more pictures and just a few more words of explanation. It is not marked as new, so maybe if you printed off the clue at a little later time than I did, you may all ready have it. Apparently, I needed those few more words because it helped me a lot. I love the way Bonnie writes her MQ patterns and try to follow word for word. I am not an intuitive quilter for sure! I brought it up in case there may have been someone having the same problem as was having. Happy quilting, everyone.
Old 12-07-2022, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
suern3, I'm not clear on what you mean by 'the left side blocks.'
Joe's Mom, in the clue Bonnie refers to the mirror image units as # purple on the left and # purple on the right. I kind of sloppily said "left side block" . Sorry if this was confusing to people. (top of page 2, PDF)
Old 12-08-2022, 05:22 AM

I finished clue #2 last night. I'm pleased with myself for staying up to date. I have a SQUIRREL! problem sometimes.
Old 12-08-2022, 09:30 AM

I finally started clue#2 this morning: cut out the orange! Everyone keeps wanting me to do real work, when I would rather be sewing! I need to learn how to say No.
Old 12-08-2022, 10:34 AM

I am halfway through cutting off the left hand corners. I pushed myself yesterday and am really feeling it today. I could probably finish the clue if I pushed myself again today, but then what shape would I be in tomorrow? I'm going to do what I can today while aiming to preserve bodily function for the new clue tomorrow.

I did give a fair amount of time this week to choosing and preparing fabrics for the Merry Mayhem Mystery, so that's what set me back.
Old 12-08-2022, 10:39 AM

I love seeing everyone's work to date - much more so as it seems as if I will need to once again put off starting the MQ. I was in the middle of finishing up other things in November so only got 2-3 units of clue #1 done, was out of town this past weekend so haven't started clue #2 yet, and now I injured my foot and need to have surgery. As my sewing space is in my basement, I won't be able to make it down there for several more weeks, until I heal a bit. Fortunately, it was my left foot and I am right footed, so once January rolls around, I should be able to venture downstairs to catch up. In the meantime, now seems like a good time to start working on the English Paper Piecing project that I've been thinking about.

Anyway - please keep the photos coming so that I can follow along with others progress!