Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie >

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie

Old 12-22-2022, 01:14 PM

Finally, I had some time to work on Clue# 4 and am now 1/4 way through that Clue! I have all the orange pieces cut (and a few actually sewn) for Clue #2 but I am not very far along on Clue #3. Because I’m behind, I haven’t yet suffered through any shortages of orange fabric.

This process has reinforced my belief that I am a much happier person when I get to spend some time sewing.
Old 12-22-2022, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by SuzSLO View Post
Finally, I had some time to work on Clue# 4 and am now 1/4 way through that Clue! I have all the orange pieces cut (and a few actually sewn) for Clue #2 but I am not very far along on Clue #3. Because I’m behind, I haven’t yet suffered through any shortages of orange fabric.

This process has reinforced my belief that I am a much happier person when I get to spend some time sewing.
I also love having something to do as a group. I loved doing the Farmer Wife's Sampler Quilts with the group here. It was something to do each week that did not take a lot of time, but kept me busy for a short time each week.
Old 12-22-2022, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
I also love having something to do as a group. I loved doing the Farmer Wife's Sampler Quilts with the group here. It was something to do each week that did not take a lot of time, but kept me busy for a short time each week.
Hear! Hear!
Old 12-23-2022, 06:14 AM

Part 5 is up!

https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2022...part-five.html
Old 12-23-2022, 06:32 AM

We get to put blocks together in Part 5 using the 4 patches from Part 1 and the hourglass units from Part 3, plus some added squares and rectangles. If your day will include some time in your sewing room, I hope it is enjoyable. If you are traveling, shopping, cooking or visiting (or all of the above), I hope that you can stop from time to time and appreciate all that this Season offers. Happy Holidays to all.
Old 12-23-2022, 06:58 AM

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!

Since we are here in western New York under a blizzard warning, I hope to get my presents wrapped and some block constructing. I enjoy making blocks even if it takes a little longer rather than just unit after unit after unit of the same thing. Way behind in my clue one for patches but will make them as I go. Please everyone stay safe your Christmas presents can stay wrapped for an extra few days if necessary. Stay home stay warm and may you all have a merry Christmas if you celebrate and happy Hanukkah if you celebrate that! If you don’t celebrate either then warm wishes to you as well !
Old 12-23-2022, 07:06 AM

I am thankful that the aqua features so prominently, as I was counting on it to lighten up my black-background quilt. I have lots of aqua in my stash, so maybe can come up with that many different ones, since I have less variety in other areas of the quilt. Happy Holidays and Happy Sewing!
Old 12-23-2022, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by tallchick View Post
it’s not loading. Is there an issue going on? Or maybe it’s my computer?
Old 12-23-2022, 12:54 PM

Pet: Were you able to get to the clue? Here is the link I have: https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2022...part-five.html
Old 12-23-2022, 02:42 PM

I got excited when I saw the word “assembling”…lol.. Completed 2 blocks before dinner…..I’ll work on some more after. Hope everyone is staying safe and warm…..traveling doesn’t look too good…. We woke up to 8 degrees and snowing…warmed up to 20 ….not as bad as some of you…goodness…

Attached Thumbnails 4b3350de-686f-497e-8671-c4c3417101ef.jpeg