Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter's 2018-19 Mystery Quilt "Good Fortune" >

Bonnie Hunter's 2018-19 Mystery Quilt "Good Fortune"

Bonnie Hunter's 2018-19 Mystery Quilt "Good Fortune"

Old 11-25-2018, 06:53 AM

My plan is to only do a half-size of Good Fortune. It will be a nice sized wall hanging. I really enjoy Bonnie's mystery quilts and I don't want to miss out on the fun. I did the last two, En Provence and Ringo Lake, and I enjoyed the whole process, but they pretty much dominated my sew time. I have several UFO's that I would like to finish. And I just started my husband's Quilt of Valor Quilt that I am hoping to have done by Christmas. The GF 1st clue 4-patches are serving as leader/enders for that!

For GF, I am going to work with what is in my stash - I really can't buy any more fabric! I think I have plenty of blue, green, red, and neutrals. ORL nearly depleted my orange fabrics. so, I'm going with anything that is in the golden yellow range. Maybe I'll add a touch of orange, if it looks like it will work.
Old 11-25-2018, 07:06 AM

That's a pretty machine, Kalama! Nice added personal touch. Looks like a work-horse of a machine with a big throat space, which is so nice. I am sewing on last years Christmas present from DH - a Husqvarna Viking Designer Epic. I also have a Pfaff 2050, which I used for many years. Love it, but it is small and serves as my travel machine now.

Who's the furry friend in the photo?
Old 11-25-2018, 09:21 AM

my little 5 pound Pom, Pembroke. A constant companion, even at work. I miss her every day, she has been gone 4 years now.
Old 11-25-2018, 10:07 AM

Good cold morning all. I woke up to 40F and now it’s below 32F with snow, snow and more snow forecasted. And many be a blizzard. So that gives me time to sew, sew, sew. I definitely decided to change up my colors from Bonnie’s. Here’s a pic; [ATTACH=CONFIG]604418[/ATTACH]neutrals at the bottom, her orange is my brown, her red is my purple, the blues are the blues and the tourques/green is her green. I just need to wash the dark purple and start cutting today. Unsure if I own a 1.5” die to cut them, if not I will use another way. I plan to enlarge and do 1.5 the number of pieces. If I end up with too many, I’ll make a throw or lap quilt. At this point I plan to use the dark purple was a final border. On to washing and sewing. Check in later in the week with my 4-patches. Happy sewing everyone.
Attached Thumbnails 746b961b-1dce-466a-a8d8-ed9cd39caa2b.jpeg  
Old 11-25-2018, 10:23 AM

Beautiful, happylab! That warm brown is beautiful with your cool colors. I think that may be the brown I used for my ORL border.

Pinning my strips, hope to get sewing shortly.
Old 11-25-2018, 10:47 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]604421[/ATTACH]This is off topic, but I'm stuck and need help. This is a block I made some time ago, You'd think I could measure the pattern off of it but my poor brain is going around.

What is the name of this block and I can probably look it up from there?

It is the last block on the project I was trying to finish before BHMQ came out. Now I can't seem to concentrate on my BHMQ until I get this out of the way .

Thanks in advance.

Marcia

P. S. Happy lab go for it!
Attached Thumbnails 20181125_132915_resized.jpg  
Old 11-25-2018, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]604421[/ATTACH]This is off topic, but I'm stuck and need help. This is a block I made some time ago, You'd think I could measure the pattern off of it but my poor brain is going around.

What is the name of this block and I can probably look it up from there?

It is the last block on the project I was trying to finish before BHMQ came out. Now I can't seem to concentrate on my BHMQ until I get this out of the way .

Thanks in advance.

Marcia

P. S. Happy lab go for it!
I don't have a clue what the name is, but if you add a ruler to your picture so I can get the size, I can draw it in EQ and print the cutting measurements for you. It's what I call an 8 patch, so the measurements are going to be either 8 1/2, 12 1/2 or 16 1/2 unfinished.
Old 11-25-2018, 05:22 PM

I have tried to measure it and re-create the pieces. Failed twice. It is to be a 12 1/2 inch block. I tried to draw it on EQ7 and goofed that up too. Too much medicine? They are giving me Parkinsons meds, but I don't have the disease, I've got something else genetic.

I would gladly pay you to draw it on EQ. I ordered EQ 8 but it did not load correctly and I'm stuck with EQ7. The part with the square in a rectangle should measure 6 1/2 before putting the two end pieces on. Mine came out too small both times, and crooked.

I know I made the original, those are my fabrics and I think I did it for a star swap, but the colors were wrong so I kept it.
Old 11-25-2018, 05:29 PM

Marcia, pm me your email and I will send you my EQ7 file. I play in EQ for fun. I get a lot of satisfaction from helping others. I always look forward to seeing your projects.

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 11-25-2018 at 05:36 PM.
Old 11-25-2018, 06:33 PM

Does anyone square up their 4 patches using the Accuquilt? I used mine to cut the strips and do the sub cuts, but for some reason am not feeling brave enough to square them using the right size square die.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-26-2018 at 03:49 AM. Reason: copyright info