Harriet's Journey BOM

Old 02-27-2021, 12:02 PM
  #121  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
DottyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: England, U.K.
Posts: 1,536
Default Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by TheMerkleFamily View Post
Oh my, DottyD, your samplers are gorgeous and I see that well deserved ribbon to the right! I'm a quiet admirer of your journey here (in the process of moving so can't commit) and look forward to enjoying everyone's blocks as you get going! I have read all of the Elm Creek books and have the samplers on my 'to do' list. Thank you for organizing the sampler block show!
Thank you so much for your generous comments ! The ribbon was given when I entered the quilt in the National Quilt Championships at Sandown Park here in the UK in 2017 and came first in the Sampler Quilt Challenge. I was absolutely thrilled to bits !!
Maybe once you have moved and settled you might feel able to join us.
Yes the Elm Creek books are really nice and I am reading the Circle of Quilters - which Harriet's Journey is based on.
I have also made the Dear Jane Sampler quilt - and several smaller quilts - sewing has got me through this awful pandemic !
Thank you again.
DottyD is offline  
Old 02-28-2021, 03:50 AM
  #122  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,722
Default Some samplers

Here are a few samplers I've made - my rainbow Sylvia's Bridal Sampler (which I sent to my niece in the Netherlands) and my blue and gray Loyal Union Sampler (which also includes blocks from Nearly Insane).

More fabrics for my Harriet's Journey arrived yesterday, and I'll combine them with scraps from my stash. I'll add white on whites for the background as needed. Looking forward to getting started, but am trying to finish a few UFOs, too, this month.
Attached Thumbnails mariannes-sbs-2010.jpg   civil-war-sampler.jpg  
Mkotch is offline  
Old 02-28-2021, 03:51 AM
  #123  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,722
Default

Dotty, your samplers are gorgeous!
Mkotch is offline  
Old 02-28-2021, 04:15 AM
  #124  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 73
Default

Hi Dotty D, Count me in! I have never participated in a BOM but this sounds like fun! I have just ordered the book and an looking forward to the journey.
Gagigi is offline  
Old 02-28-2021, 05:14 AM
  #125  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
DottyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: England, U.K.
Posts: 1,536
Default Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by Mkotch View Post
Here are a few samplers I've made - my rainbow Sylvia's Bridal Sampler (which I sent to my niece in the Netherlands) and my blue and gray Loyal Union Sampler (which also includes blocks from Nearly Insane).

More fabrics for my Harriet's Journey arrived yesterday, and I'll combine them with scraps from my stash. I'll add white on whites for the background as needed. Looking forward to getting started, but am trying to finish a few UFOs, too, this month.
Hi Marianne,
Your samplers are lovely - thanks for sharing. I like the way you have set your blocks on point on your LUS !
DottyD is offline  
Old 02-28-2021, 05:15 AM
  #126  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
DottyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: England, U.K.
Posts: 1,536
Default Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by Mkotch View Post
Dotty, your samplers are gorgeous!
Thank you so much !!
DottyD is offline  
Old 02-28-2021, 05:16 AM
  #127  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
DottyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: England, U.K.
Posts: 1,536
Default Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by Gagigi View Post
Hi Dotty D, Count me in! I have never participated in a BOM but this sounds like fun! I have just ordered the book and an looking forward to the journey.
Welcome Gagigi, so pleased that you wish to join us !
DottyD is offline  
Old 02-28-2021, 09:44 AM
  #128  
Super Member
 
Teen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Southwest Idaho
Posts: 5,593
Default

Dotty..samplers are as beautiful now as I had first saw them...

mkotch....your samplers are equally beautiful...the rainbow Sylvia is stunning...

oooo...more peeps joining!! How fun!
Teen is online now  
Old 02-28-2021, 09:53 AM
  #129  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
DottyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: England, U.K.
Posts: 1,536
Default Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
Dotty..samplers are as beautiful now as I had first saw them...

mkotch....your samplers are equally beautiful...the rainbow Sylvia is stunning...

oooo...more peeps joining!! How fun!
Aww thanks Teen !!

Yes we have 16 ladies joining us ! How exciting.
DottyD is offline  
Old 02-28-2021, 09:58 AM
  #130  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
DottyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: England, U.K.
Posts: 1,536
Default

I have sent a private message to PatriceJ ( two weeks ago ) to make sure that it is OK to have this thread in Blocks of the Month Thread as someone wondered if maybe it should be in Challenges. As yet I haven't had a reply, so if by any chance this thread does get deleted look for it in Challenges. I have a list of your names so I will let you know if Harriet does get deleted !
DottyD is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FREE Quilting Newsletter


SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.