Harriet's Journey BOM

Old 05-20-2021, 01:23 PM

BethA, that looks amazing! I'd say 'yes' to a border, but not sure about what color.
Old 05-21-2021, 07:01 PM

Here are my I-3 and I-10. I'm now through the first month of blocks, yippee!

The paper piecing -- wow! That's a lot of work. I can see why people like it, as it is pretty foolproof and results in such a neat block. I can also see where some people would be opposed because of the waste of fabric. I'm happy that it's now no longer a mystery to me.
Attached Thumbnails img_6741_fotor.jpg   img_6748_fotor.jpg  
Old 05-22-2021, 01:32 AM

Nice blocks, Joe's Mom! I know what you mean about paper piecing. It does seem like a waste of fabric, but you can use some of the larger little bits in "crumb" quilts if you like. I just throw them away as I have far too many scraps anyway. But with these little blocks, it is often the best technique. It used to be my least favorite technique, but now I guess fusible applique (which may be the best technique for some of the HJ blocks) is. Guess I'll try tackling that soon.
Old 05-22-2021, 08:48 AM

I have posted my progress for a while but I have been making blocks. I try to do the 8 per month but they that include the setting blocks. Am sure enjoying seeing the progress that the rest of you have been making. This will not be the final lay out of the colored blocks. As I add more, I keep switching the blocks around.
Attached Thumbnails 2021-5-22-hj-resized.jpg  
Old 05-22-2021, 11:41 AM

Love it WMUTeach, I am thinking of presashing also. Your's looks great!
Old 05-22-2021, 01:30 PM

WMUTeach, that's a great shade of red you've chosen for the sashing. It's looking wonderful.
Old 05-29-2021, 07:12 AM

Bummer, I woke up this morning thinking it was "our Saturday". I'm off a bit. Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 05-29-2021, 08:31 AM

toverly, go ahead and make a block or a few... no reason not to if you are in the mood. When that one comes up, you are good to go LOL
I did play with Excel for my DJ blocks, it works but is a slow process for me. I'll have to ask my grandson if there are shortcuts to making it less laborious.
Old 05-29-2021, 08:49 AM

Default Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by toverly View Post
Bummer, I woke up this morning thinking it was "our Saturday". I'm off a bit. Have a great weekend everyone!
Ah Tish - sorry for the disappointment - it will be the next eight blocks next Saturday June 5th. We have a holiday weekend here at the moment - so lot's of sewing. I have two quilts that need the binding sewing on and also have a pair of my Grandson's school trousers that need mending !!! Also the French Open tennis starts tomorrow !!! I love the big tennis tournaments and have been to Wimbledon on many occasions x
Old 05-29-2021, 08:50 AM

Default Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond View Post
toverly, go ahead and make a block or a few... no reason not to if you are in the mood. When that one comes up, you are good to go LOL
I did play with Excel for my DJ blocks, it works but is a slow process for me. I'll have to ask my grandson if there are shortcuts to making it less laborious.
Absolutely !!! x