Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts >

Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts

Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts

Old 11-21-2018, 07:05 AM

Sounds great Macy!! I had to laugh because you said we don't buy presents and in the next sentence you tell us you bought DH a Christmas present

Sounds a lot like the Gypsy Wife blocks with all those different sizes. I just made a few and will mail them out tomorrow. Hopefully they won't get lost in the mail!
Old 11-21-2018, 11:15 AM

My DH and I don't exchange gifts either but we do fill a stocking for each other. I've been making ornaments for my traditional gift bag for each seat at our Thanksgiving table. They are turning out really cute. I posted a picture on the Chit chat thread, if interested.

This week, we had a lot of viewing for our home so I was limited in sewing time since ai had to keep cleaning up sewing room. All loved our home but one in particular really wants it. They're trying to sell their home and have a buyer so if it goes into escrow, we hope to receive an offer. Frankly, I'm not getting my hopes up. I'll get excited when they hand me a check..

Macybaby...that quilt sounds really beautiful and would love to see it. I'm kind of doing the same thing with the Fun on the Farm BOM. I'm not following the layout and resizing the blocks as I make them. I think you and I have been bit by the Kingwell bug in that her layout of a jumbled mess of blocks is more appealing... At least it is for me at this moment...

Anael...so sweet that you made GW blocks for the fire victim. Fingers crossed that they arrive safely.. There are still 1,000 still missing and we are expecting heavy rains this weekend. Victim remains will be lost after that. So sad. I delivered a few quilts to our fire station for fire victims on Monday. Like many, I feel helpless...

Happy Thanksgiving, my friends!
Old 11-21-2018, 12:02 PM

Macybaby, I can't wait to see your Christmas Present quilt. I love the idea of different size blocks.

Teen, I'm off to go see your Christmas Ornaments. I hope you do get an offer on your house soon!
Old 11-21-2018, 07:25 PM
Power Poster

How clever, macybaby! You seem to get so much done! Looking forward to seeing it. Isn't it great that one idea can be the jumping off point for another?

Good luck on house sale, Teen!
Old 11-21-2018, 10:26 PM

Teen, hopefully!!!!!!!!!! Fingers crossed!!

Macy, that's a great plan! I've done several quilts with different block sizes. I like it a lot.
Old 11-22-2018, 04:07 AM

Finally I made a GTSB block again. It's appliqué block #5.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]604277[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails appliqu%E9-block-51.jpg  
Old 11-22-2018, 05:56 AM

Pretty block Anael. I love the aqua's in it.
Old 11-22-2018, 11:54 PM

Thanks Judith!
Old 11-23-2018, 04:49 AM

I made Small Wonders today. It still needs a back but I will do that tomorrow or later
I felt like making a small project before finishing larger ones........does that make any sense ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]604331[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails small-wonders-pillow-jk1.jpg  
Old 11-23-2018, 05:32 AM

jmoore, your sections together are amazing. And, I'm totally in love with the grunge yellow filler. It looks amazing!

Anael, your Small Wonders is darling. It's great to have an instant gratification project to go to.

My Giant Scrappy Swoon and Depression Block Quilt just came back from the quilter. So, I just got both of them bound and washed and put away. I am just waiting for my final 2 quilts to come back from the quilter and that will finish me for the year. Now to start saving for my quilting services for next year.

And, in the mean time, I have pulled out an old UFO to work on. I think I have finally found a Long Armer in my area and want to interview her in the new year. It would save me the postage to have to send my quilts out. As she is in my immediate area. So, I though I would pull a couple of old UFO's to finish up as the "Guinea Pigs" as a trial for her. Something I'm really not invested in, In case she is not what she seems.