Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 68 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18 58 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 1950

Thread: Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts

It's ok to look. How many times do you think I filled the shopping cart and left without ordering? : D
    Eat, quilt, bike, sleep and repeat

My fabric is still on it's way from the USA. Hasn't arrived in The Netherlands yet. Like I can't live without it LOL.

Did I tell you I'm going on a vacation, all by myself? For the first time!! Me, myself and I? Yes......leaving May 3rd and back May 10th. I'm staying in the country. If I really don't like it I can go home any time I want.
    I already started gathering stuff hahaha! Like a new camera bag. The one I use almost every day is a shoulder bag, not suitable for walking. The other one I have (was given to me) is too heavy so now I have a new to me backpack in a decent size.
    If I like going on my own I might plan another one in Autumn.

Blog Entries
    Anael, that's great. I do hope you enjoy yourself. I look forward to hearing about it when you get back.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee
    https://www.quiltinaday.com/eleanora...nontheFarm.asp

Blog Entries
    Absolutely nothing wrong with staying in country, Anael..we never see everything in our own backyards.

No school today...melting snow and rain has turned country roads to icy spots or mush depending where you are at. Was supposed to have a sew day with friends. Instead had a sew day with Grands. 10yo has four pillowcases rolls ready to sew cuff to body. Lots of cutting and pinning for her. 13yo has several pieces cut for her quilt. I like to starch and iron first so they spent quite a bit of time doing that before cutting. Hopefully will be sewing this weekend. Good thing I have 2 machines.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Well deserved vacation, my friend! I know you will have a wonderful time exploring and snapping pictures... We expect to see some in an album when you get back..

Enjoy the creative time with your grands, OK... No doubt, they will cherish the memories of your time together. So special!
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

How great to sew with the grands OK!! How old were they when they started sewing?

My fabrics have arrived. For another Bakers Dozen.......I really need to hide these because I've to finish a few UFO's first!!!

Name:  IMG_0011.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  86.9 KB

Blog Entries
    Looks like sun and sky, Anael.

I started working with the three oldest when they were eight, they are now 13, 14 and 15. Now we sew when they ask..I try not to force it on them. The 14yo lives 5 hours away so hard to find time with her. The 10yo hasn't had as much practice..my work schedule has messed up with that.

Oh and guess what...impassable country roads again and no school. Think we will continue with the projects today! Off I go to get ready for them.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Have fun OK!!
    My granddaughter is 6 now, she doesn't show any signs of wanting to learn to sew. No wonder as my DDIL doesn't own a single needle let alone a sewing machine LOL.

I started assembling the second GW though I still need to make about 15 more blocks. Most of them filler blocks, shouldn't take that long.

I guess not Judith so I won't make it

Thanks ladies. I love new fabrics but I did hide them. I almost started cutting......

Judith, I started making the blocks a while ago but never said anything. So I've been working on the second one for a few weeks now. Not every day though otherwise this would be finished by now. But I agree, the second time around it's a bit faster. Picking fabrics for the strips still takes time!! And so does the assembling, the right order in which the blocks need to be sewn to the strips is like a puzzle.

Looking forward to seeing it, Anael. Just curious, Anael....do you typically repeat patterns and make them multiple times or is there something about Kingwell's patterns that appeal to you to make them again? I don't recall ever doing this myself in my short quilting career...I mean, some patterns I absolutely love and had a ball making like GTSB; however, making a second one doesn't appeal to me to do right away. Maybe one day I will do a scrappy version but there are just so many other patterns I want to do. I think it's cool that different color ways inspire you. I still cannot believe you actually did 2 Sylvia's...yikes...lol... Anywhoo....just wondering...
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo never!!!!! I only made the Fairyland Quilt twice and now the GW. Because I'm using very different fabrics this time it's like I'm making a whole new one.
    And I didn't do 2 Sylvia's. I started a second, made about 30 blocks and quit LOL. Combined them with the Farmer's Wife blocks I had, made a lot of connecting blocks and constructed Sylvia The Farmer's Bride

Senior Member sewingitalltogether's Avatar
    I'm stuck. Have my STGB up on the design wall. Have the last block done on section 3. Can't seem to get it together to go in and sew it all together. I got a new Ott standing lamp where I had my Daylight lamp for years. The Daylight lamp finally bit the dust. No, it didn't seem to break when every one of the 8 grandkids played with it. The inside panel board blew. So, I have the new Ott light and seem to want to sit under it and do some hand stitching. Finished the binding on a quilt that sat for 2 years. Hoping sew another binding on today. I'm going with the flow.

Blog Entries
    Anael, beautiful fabrics you ordered. You do have a wonderful flair for putting the right fabrics together. And, doing it all online is a miracle in itself. Because you never really know until you get them what they will really look like.

I have just finished up a few pillowcases to match the recent quilts I've made. And, I have been cutting up scraps for a Kaleidoscope quilt. I want to use that as a leader ender project.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee
    https://www.quiltinaday.com/eleanora...nontheFarm.asp

Blog Entries
    Pillowcases...a great stash reducer! 10 yo GD is making four of them while learning to sew! I just made 2 for 2 quilts I am gifting, too. 13 yo GD will have enough fabric from her quilt project for a pillowcase, too!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Don't stress Sewing!! One day you'll get to it and finish your GTSB.

Thanks Judith! I'm always pleasantly surprised about the quality and colors of the fabrics. I've ordered my fabrics about 7 or 8 years online now, almost exclusively from the Fabric Shack. They used to pack a small gift with the fabrics but they don't do that anymore.

I've often tried to do a leader/ender project but I always seem to forget I have that project LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo never!!!!! I only made the Fairyland Quilt twice and now the GW. Because I'm using very different fabrics this time it's like I'm making a whole new one.
    And I didn't do 2 Sylvia's. I started a second, made about 30 blocks and quit LOL. Combined them with the Farmer's Wife blocks I had, made a lot of connecting blocks and constructed Sylvia The Farmer's Bride
    I love how you stated this and the name for the quilt of the combined blocks. Have you posted a picture of it? It sounds fascinating.
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

Senior Member sewingitalltogether's Avatar
    Maybe it time to start another quilt??? The Long Time Gone may be calling my name.

It must be somewhere in the Sylvia thread. Wait, I'll have a look. Since my HD crashed I don't have a picture anymore. If I can't find it here I will take a picture tomorrow.

Can't find it. I'll take a picture tomorrow. It's 10.35 pm here now, time to go to bed

Found it again.

Name:  10846340_777009552366759_1746979173060650715_n.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  122.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by sewingitalltogether View Post
    Maybe it time to start another quilt??? The Long Time Gone may be calling my name.
    I had a lot of fun making Long Time Gone. No appliqué, just piecing

Anael…….Pretty quilt. Looks like it was supposed to be that way. Thanks for finding the picture.
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

Thank you Barb!!

I've worked on the Gypsy blocks today. I need 6 more blocks (1 main block and 5 fillers) and a lot of strips.

I saw the Meadow quilt again today. I think I really need this pattern...........
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-18-2019 at 11:45 AM. Reason: remove copyright pic

Page 68 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18 58 67 68 69 ... LastLast