Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-fabric-moratorium-t209802.html)

DustysMomma 12-12-2013 05:13 AM

Today would have been my 22nd anniversary with my ex-husband. Does that mean I get a new ruler? :D

mom-6 12-12-2013 05:51 AM

Don't know if that counts or not, but it should! My friend since second grade recently celebrated the 37th anniversary of her divorce, so go for it. 😜

Emma S 12-12-2013 06:01 AM

New rulers for everyone and while your at it new cutting mats.

nancia 12-12-2013 08:58 AM

Thanks, Emma! That's so generous of you! I will pm you my address!:D

Emma S 12-12-2013 09:30 AM

Uh Nancia, you may have misinterpreted......

Coloradowest 12-12-2013 10:07 AM

My real down fall.
I went out of town to older son's for Tday. This was costly trip I can tell you. My younger son drove me there the Sunday before and came and got me the Friday after. I paid the gas of $200. That pickup eats gas. Trip was okay. I had not been shopping for material down ther for at leas 3 years or more. I told my son I had to stop on way back for material. Ends up a friend of DIL there drove us to the next town (where I wanted to buy material) and bought material at both Cubbs. One jus a sewing shop and the other Cubbs=Ben Franklin. If we stop end of Oct and start again Jan 1st I am fine. I knew I would not be down there again for maybe a year as not driving. Material like $10 a yard there. Walmart here is like $10 a yard. I picked stuff I wanted for quilts. Must have gotten 30 yds or so. I had planned to buy a little material but not that much. Younger son asked if I had gotten my material. Yes, he is for me getting material it seems. 3 years ago I bought John Deere panel and a yard of JD equipment to cut for appliques. I made him the quilt and he really likes it. First quilt I made with panel and borders and appliques. It took me time. Was moving. I did pretty good the res of the year not buying material.

Emma S 12-12-2013 10:22 AM

Colorado: Woww! I think one of the penalties for falling off the wagon should be you have to show pictures. Thirty yards, about 3.33 queen size quilts, not counting backing. Most of us on this thread have stashes that rival small fabric stores, how big is yours?
I am old enough to remember when planning the expenses for a trip did not include gas. It was such a small expense no one ever gave it a second thought. Just last weekend I spent over a hundred dollars on gas so I feel your pain.

MadQuilter 12-12-2013 11:56 AM

All anniversaries count as far as I'm concerned - particularly the exes.

nancia 12-12-2013 01:11 PM

Hmmmm.....i don't have an ex. 37 years with the same man, but no anniversary till April. That's a long wait! I will do my best!

DustysMomma 12-13-2013 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by mom-6 (Post 6452621)
Don't know if that counts or not, but it should! My friend since second grade recently celebrated the 37th anniversary of her divorce, so go for it. 

December 6th was my 8th "nonaversary" as I call it. The 8 yr anniversary of my divorce from him. This is the first time that day has come & gone without me happily thinking about it.

I'm not up to the stash size of a small quilt shop, but the man says I'm getting there. The Quilting Hen is having a $4.99/yd end of bolt sale. Cotton, flannel, batik, all sorts of brands & 1.5 to 16 yards in stock per item. There's a few quilting magazines on the page too. I made it out alive though. Zero purchase.