Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-fabric-moratorium-t209802.html)

KatFish 01-01-2013 06:13 PM

I'm in. I have most of my scraps sorted and cut along with the pattern that I will be using for each quilt. I make lots of scrap quilts but I have lots of fabrics that I have bought when on sale to make a quilt from my wish list. So far I've got two done and six more planned.

createfourpaws 01-01-2013 07:32 PM

I am in, I have too many projects started that I need to finish. Plus way too much scrap fabric in different bins that I need to go through and get organized.

I haven't bought fabric like I have in the past. My last purchase was the beginning of December. I am a batik fan and there is a batik only store close to me and I have been avoiding it. I will spend way too much money in there.

I am all in. no purchases unless fabric is needed to complete a project.

druvarna 01-02-2013 04:43 AM

Love this idea - I think I'm going to attempt it - have lots of things to catch up on and this is a great challenge - at least make it halfway through!:o

lclang 01-02-2013 05:40 AM

I'm in. I was in last year too and stuck pretty much to the rules. Did buy one jelly roll and a couple of charm packs but no yardage at all. Made a bunch of quilt tops and now I need to get busy with getting some finished. I still have plenty of fabric to choose from.

quiltinjennie 01-02-2013 07:10 AM

Well, I'm in :)

I had already planned on a decluttering of my sewing room starting this week. Just this morning, I pulled out all my batting and Pellon fusibles, including all the scraps of batting that I save for small stitcheries and wall hangings. I have had it stored in 2 different places, but now, it's covering my dining room table for organizing and perhaps eliminating (gasp!) some.

I'm in :)

I have enough fabrics with pattern (kits) stored and will be pulling them out and listing them in my project notebook These are projects not yet started.

I'm in :)

I have on and near my sewing machine tables - 4 different project in various stages.

I don't have to reorganize my fabrics - most of them are already in marked see thru small plastic boxes by yardage.

Thank you, Paperprincess for posting this !!

I'M IN !! Jennie
OH - I'm from Michigan - Rochester Hills - north of Detroit - where do you live? This yankee is stuck in Florida :/ I know, I know - who wouldn't like Florida? This yankee misses the change of seasons !!

Pink Lady 01-02-2013 07:28 AM

ladydeluxe I need you to come to my place. You have always wanted to visit Nova Scotia right:) This is my year to finish some of the things I have started and some of the kits I have. I am not buying more fabric well it I keep saying that it will come true right. I have a hard time passing up fabric.

Think I will start with a black and white quilt for my daughter for xmas should not have to buy anything except backing.

francie yuhas 01-02-2013 07:33 AM

Count me in! I have reached " critical mass" in terms of storage, although my 93 year old MIL said I could start putting it under her bed!LOL! My family thinks they should take photos of the stuff,organize it in files; they have no idea..

SouthPStitches 01-02-2013 08:28 AM

I've been bitten by the scrappy bug. Last month I pieced two tops from my big stash and a good quilting friend sent me some fabric and patterns to play with, knowing what my colors choices and intentions were . At first I was overwhelmed by trying to narrow down my fabric choices. Once done, was on my way and I had a great time with both tops. Only thing I had to purchase was wide muslin for the backs and some wide boarder fabric. Another friend knew I had made a scrappy quilt and bought me the latest McCalls Scrappy Magazine for Christmas. There must be at l east four quilts I'd like to make from that. I put in my last fabric order to CT a couple of days ago and I'm going to stand strong against buying something just to add to the stash. Count me in.

Velawyn 01-02-2013 09:20 AM

I have been thinking about this and deciding if I could really commit to it. That might be really hard. I love fabric! After looking at what I have, and considering the consequences of this challenge, and knowing that this is for the next 10 months, with thoughts about how much fabric I go through, and knowing that new stuff is going to come out, and looking at the batting and backings I have...

I am in! I should only need to purchase thread and possibly an embroidery pattern or two.

I may need to come back here for support when tempted... I don't even need to go scrappy and finishing is so freaking cool. Then when my stash is reduced I can go shopping! ha! love it!!

pokeyscorner 01-02-2013 11:42 AM

I'm in. Just unsubscribed to my fabric shop emails. I organized all but flannel ydage & should be good except for the backings. I also made a list of projects already on the shelves that need to be worked on--that should hold me til Dec 1st. If not I have 5 ufo's to finish! :)