Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-fabric-moratorium-t209802.html)

bezzie58 05-23-2013 12:08 AM

Ok Ladies and Gentlemen. Here it is almost the end of May and i have been really good. I have not bought much fabric for over a month. In April I was somewhat good I only bought a few yards. This month i bought 3 1/3 yard pieces to make a little boys quilt, and i got some white backing at such a good price i bought 15 yards for 1.50 per yard and it was 120" wide. I have been saving money by making most of my summer clothes that i need from my stash. I have made 2 dresses, 4 tops, a skort, and 3 pairs of shorts. I also made a baby boy quilt and a lap quilt. I thought it would look like I had used some fabric but my stash is still hugh.

Pat625 05-23-2013 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by bezzie58 (Post 6080341)
Ok Ladies and Gentlemen. Here it is almost the end of May and i have been really good. I have not bought much fabric for over a month. In April I was somewhat good I only bought a few yards. This month i bought 3 1/3 yard pieces to make a little boys quilt, and i got some white backing at such a good price i bought 15 yards for 1.50 per yard and it was 120" wide. I have been saving money by making most of my summer clothes that i need from my stash. I have made 2 dresses, 4 tops, a skort, and 3 pairs of shorts. I also made a baby boy quilt and a lap quilt. I thought it would look like I had used some fabric but my stash is still hugh.

Congratulations!! You are doing greeat..I know the end of my stash will never be see either, but what fun trying!

earthwalker 05-24-2013 12:44 AM

Well....I'm still on the wagon, but possibly this is because for some weeks I have been re-painting our incredibly smoke-stained winter living room. Our slow combustion wood stove malfunctioned and for some time had been spewing smoke back into the room....My husband pulled it out, repaired it restored it and covered the revolting cream brick fire surround with some gorgeous german tiles. So for my part I scrubbed the walls and ceilings (curse decorative cornices:)). Then, repainted the lot (three coats in some places). I've been too busy to shop and the downside is I've also been too exhausted to quilt....Lost a spare 3 kilos though...so I'm not too miserable.

Foxflower 05-24-2013 08:55 AM

Distraction is a good technique earthwalker.

MadQuilter 05-24-2013 11:46 AM

I went to Germany for a family vacation and we drove to the only LQS in the area. So I just HAD to buy something - that's the touristy thing to do, right? I bought some FQs of a German fabric line. Good thing I was limited in my luggage. I could have bought more.....

Foxflower 05-25-2013 05:05 PM

madquilter, as punishment you must post a picture of the fabrics ;) We all need to live vicariously here.

nancia 05-25-2013 06:36 PM

if we didn't all love fabric we wouldn't be in this pickle!
i was reading the digest for may 15--i get a little behind once in awhile-- and someone asked about arabella rose. darn if i didn't have to look it up! and double darn if it wasn't just the perfect fabric for a watercolor quilt for my sister!! i cannot win!!! but she's gonna love it!:D

SandyinZ4 05-25-2013 06:45 PM

Sorry to say I fell off the wagon again. CT has a sale this weekend for FQ's and I could not resist. They make such nice little gifts to stick in with a swap. Plus, it is always a challenge to see what I can make with them. I like what Nancia said about us all liking fabric and that's why we are here. Nice to have friends! :-) I ordered a FQ sampler of flannel, too. Our guild made a cute baby quilt that uses flannel and it turned out so nice that I want to make another just to have on hand. Will post a picture of it on a new thread here later.

irishrose 05-25-2013 07:24 PM

May is ending and my only purchase was enough Tigger fabric to back a baby quilt for $.50 at the Salvation Army thrift store. Not too bad for me. I have a twin size quilt top on the wall made entirely from my stash, so I'm way ahead of the game for May. I know I have something for backing and batting, too.

Pat625 05-25-2013 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 6085373)
May is ending and my only purchase was enough Tigger fabric to back a baby quilt for $.50 at the Salvation Army thrift store. Not too bad for me. I have a twin size quilt top on the wall made entirely from my stash, so I'm way ahead of the game for May. I know I have something for backing and batting, too.

Way to go!! I have not bought very much--just what I needed for a special project or to finish off something. Lots of stash being used, but it seems like the piles never get smaller!