Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-fabric-moratorium-t209802.html)

nancia 04-19-2013 10:32 PM

i have a real problem! i visited jo-ann's and took advantage of all their sales. so i put it in the trunk of my car. i'm the only one who drives it, EXCEPT, tomorrow i have to go visit a friend who has suffered a loss, and i made an appointment to have my car inspected. dh is letting me use his car and he'll take mine in. now, how to get the fabric out of my car and into his car without him knowing, and then i have to do it in reverse when i get home. yikes! this is too complicated! betcha real money i'm going to get busted!!

DustysMomma 04-20-2013 03:46 AM

Oh dear Nancia! Um, tell him I sent it for the puppies! :D Hey, at least you got it at a good price, right?

Emma S 04-20-2013 05:27 AM

Remember Nancia there is alway the old, "Look how much money I saved."

auntpiggylpn 04-20-2013 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 6014025)
i have a real problem! i visited jo-ann's and took advantage of all their sales. so i put it in the trunk of my car. i'm the only one who drives it, EXCEPT, tomorrow i have to go visit a friend who has suffered a loss, and i made an appointment to have my car inspected. dh is letting me use his car and he'll take mine in. now, how to get the fabric out of my car and into his car without him knowing, and then i have to do it in reverse when i get home. yikes! this is too complicated! betcha real money i'm going to get busted!!

I used to do this with shoes! I would leave the boxes at the store and then I waited until everyone was asleep or not home and bring them in and put them in the closet! I could never go into a store and only buy one pair of shoes, usually 2 or 3 pairs at a time!!!!

DustysMomma 04-20-2013 01:22 PM

Well, I dove off the wagon head first and landed on a pile of fabric. I just made a trip to Joann in Montgomery and spent over $200, most of which was fabric. I got about 30 FQ's at $.99 each (mostly batiks!), got about 10 yards of batiks on clearance at $3/yd, bought 2 more of the marble colors I've been hording for our future new king size quilt for our bed, picked up 2 other fabrics for a swap runner, got a patriotic fabric on clearance for $3/yd, and some pretty dragonfly fabric I splurged on for my stash. Since notions & thread were 50% off, of course I got pins, rotary blades, velcro, denim patches for those blasted jeans Dusty loves that constantly need repairing, and some hem tape to fix a pair of dress pants. Oh, I got the Omnigrid 4 piece square ruler set for $23 with my coupon.

I didn't hide mine in the car like Nancia though, lol. When I got home, my boyfriend was taking a nap, so I just dropped it in the sewing room!

Emma S 04-20-2013 02:48 PM

Well Dusty's mom when you fall of you really make a big splash. You've been so good, but look at all the money you saved.

alikat110 04-20-2013 03:22 PM

Just gonna say....I see a pattern....I fell off the wagon in March....swore that if I showed my wonderful fabrics, you would all follow. Welcome to tbe Dark Side!!!!!

DustysMomma 04-20-2013 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Emma S (Post 6015323)
Well Dusty's mom when you fall of you really make a big splash. You've been so good, but look at all the money you saved.

Yeah, and most of it is for swaps and projects in planning. I only bought a couple things just because I liked them. The last time I misbehaved this badly I think was their last REALLY big sale back before Christmas. This time though, I spent enough that I didn't put it on the AmEx so my boyfriend wouldn't see how much I spent. I doubt he'd say anything, because it's not like he didn't know I was going because there was a big sale, but I felt a little self conscious about it. Oh well, 200 sky miles were sacrificed today.

Emma S 04-21-2013 05:40 AM

I think we are walking a fine line between a moratorium and a group of enablers. I keep clinging to the fact that my fabric spending is way way down.

Pat625 04-21-2013 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Emma S (Post 6016243)
I think we are walking a fine line between a moratorium and a group of enablers. I keep clinging to the fact that my fabric spending is way way down.

I was thinking the same thing!! But in actuality being accountable for what we spend helps reduce it for most of us..what we need is a 12 step program!!

Hi, I'm Pat and I am a fabric-o-holic!