Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-fabric-moratorium-t209802.html)

MadQuilter 06-19-2013 08:36 AM

Joann had their 50% off sale so I bought a complete set of quilting supplies for a friend at work who is getting into quilting. So I shopped but none of it stayed at my house. YEAH!

ljptexas 06-20-2013 04:11 AM

I was on this except for finding great, great deal at a thrift store (big bag, at least 10+ yds for $8, lots to iron) & buying 1 yd each of 6 from a fellow Texan on this site - I have been good this year!!!

Sophie2 06-21-2013 02:40 PM

I may be in trouble. I just received the latest catalog from Connecting Threads. There is sooooo much I want. :)

PaperPrincess 06-23-2013 04:13 PM

OK, I need a big shot of will power! CAUTION! DO NOT DO WHAT I DID! I just looked at the new Christmas fabric collection from CT. Lovely prints, plus metallics!! The entire collection would go perfectly with all 7 zillion yards of Christmas fabric in my stash already... I will be strong. Well, maybe some fat quarters. then there's the issue I've mentioned about the $50/free shipping. I think it would be most cost effective to order the minimum... No! I know I can do this... (but they sell out so soon...)

nancia 06-23-2013 05:38 PM

get it, or forget it! that's my motto! and also why i am on this thread, lol. i am for once making a quilt for me! woo hoo! and i am using all stash fabs. don't know about the back yet, will get back to you on that. i have 3 sets of fabrics. 1. batik fq's, trying turning twenty for the first time. 2. breakfast at tiffany's, and three matisse's ladies. i guess i will do them in that order. oooo, i want them all done NOW!! and i'm also making 2 dresses for my dgd who turns 2 on august 3rd. big doin's! we're gonna have a big ole time!! all from fabric i've already bought. then there's the doll clothes. burning a hole in the sewing table my machine's so overheated!!

Pat625 06-23-2013 06:21 PM

Have a set of 4 mug rugs for a swap from stash..just finished a scrappy quilt from stash, and another to begin...Been a good month for me so far...Of course If haven't read a lot of emails! HHMMM Maybe I just need a peek???

DustysMomma 06-24-2013 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by Sophie2 (Post 6135847)
I may be in trouble. I just received the latest catalog from Connecting Threads. There is sooooo much I want. :)

Mine is still sitting on my sewing table, unopened. I've been so bad this yr already that I'm scared to open it. :D

I've got to go this afternoon to get something to coordinate with a fabric I had in my stash. Part of me doesn't want to use this fabric, but then again, I do. It's one of those pieces that you look at it & say "If I use this, I'm liable to never get another piece of it!"

Foxflower 06-24-2013 02:53 PM

Stay strong and play stash! This month is almost up and July is almost here. You can do it.

Emma S 06-24-2013 04:28 PM

Hm the five biggest enablers all posted together yes I mean you; Paperprincess, Foxflower, Nancia, Pat, Dusty's mom. Seems like some critical mass has been reached. Really have not been good this month, what with garage sales and the 50% off of Keepsake at JoAnns Sunday. Going to really try to crawl back on the wagon, gird my loins and all that. Although I havn't seen the CT catalogue. I did come to a realization though, I rarely buy for one quilt, I always shop from my stash when I start a quilt. Does that make it marginally better?

Pat625 06-24-2013 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Emma S (Post 6141536)
Hm the five biggest enablers all posted together yes I mean you; Paperprincess, Foxflower, Nancia, Pat, Dusty's mom. Seems like some critical mass has been reached. Really have not been good this month, what with garage sales and the 50% off of Keepsake at JoAnns Sunday. Going to really try to crawl back on the wagon, gird my loins and all that. Although I havn't seen the CT catalogue. I did come to a realization though, I rarely buy for one quilt, I always shop from my stash when I start a quilt. Does that make it marginally better?

Sounds OK to me!! I ordered the CT catalog a few weeks ago, but haven't gotten it yet---learned about it in of all places the moratorium thread!!