Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

asimplelife 09-25-2013 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north (Post 6312741)
ASL, very cute. The fabrics in this one are awesome..... why didn't you like it? And your backing is perfect. I always fret about the backing when I really shouldn't..... it's a backing. Using some of the blocks is a great idea. I'll have to try that.

I think part of my problem was the size of the original quilt and knowing I'd have to quilt it myself... but the main thing was that it had been on my quarterly challenge goals 3 times and I just couldn't get myself to pick it up! I really didn't see myself using it since I have several other spring quilts either done or still on my UFO list. And a long Someday List (I love florals!).

Once I made a decision and put the reduced version together I did like it but I think it works better as a smaller quilt.

asimplelife 09-25-2013 05:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh My EMMA!! Hugely gorgeous is so right! That counts as 6-7 finishes in my typical size. It is beautiful but I can't get over the size...

I have a (ahem...little) finish - UFO# 40 for the year is ABC Charms. The alphabet charms came from a swap on another forum about 5 years ago. It is always amazing to me how well swap quilts turn out! I'm giving this one to a 3 year old boy in my extended family.

QuilterMomma 09-25-2013 07:09 AM

Yippee you are at #40. Almost there girl.

nanna-up-north 09-25-2013 08:26 AM

ASL.... it's an adorable quilt. It is perfect for a little boy..... in fact, I need to make a little boy quilt for my cousin's new GBaby..... hmmm makes me think. What size are the squares before you put the sashing around them? I love the stripe fabric..... really cute.

michelleoc 09-25-2013 08:42 AM

asimplelife - LOVE the ABC charms. What a darling quilt. It's funny, isn't it...you look at a bunch of fabrics and wonder how they are going to look together, then once it's done it's beautiful!

Foxflower 09-25-2013 08:45 AM

asimplelife.....that is an adorable coin quilt. I'd take/make it in a minute (wish that were literal, I'd actually take me a long time based on how well I get things done). Good job.

Emma, that thing is huge! I made a quilt 120 x 120 and thought that was big. Your daughter will have plenty to cover her pillows with. I do love string quilts. I'm collecting strings to make one eventually, but not that big.

asimplelife 09-25-2013 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north (Post 6313196)
ASL.... it's an adorable quilt. It is perfect for a little boy..... in fact, I need to make a little boy quilt for my cousin's new GBaby..... hmmm makes me think. What size are the squares before you put the sashing around them? I love the stripe fabric..... really cute.

Thank you! The squares were 6.5". One might think the last thing this top needed was striped sashing but I remember pulling that print from my stash and loving it... go figure!

missgigglewings 09-25-2013 12:12 PM

That little boys quilt is adorable!

carriem 09-25-2013 04:46 PM

Wow some more great finishes since I checked in. I got the binding done on a table runner while away on a trip...camera is still packed, but I will share a picture in the next couple days. Might even get another runner binding done by the end of the month.

q.alba 09-26-2013 03:11 AM

ASL, that striped border is perfect for your quilt! Congrats on finish #40.