Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

asimplelife 12-14-2013 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Emma S (Post 6455151)
Well time for confession. I was really good this year, completing 6 of my 14 UFO's, starting no new quilts. Well along comes Bonnie Hunter's new mystery quilt with its beautiful bright colors and every one already in my stash. For the rest of the year I am seriously off task but plan on finishing those 8 UFO's in 2014.

I think any and all progress is great and you finished some big ones Emma! I'm planning to work hard on UFOs through the winter and then dial it back to 1 a month and that will be wonderful... as long as I keep finishing what I start that is.

nanna-up-north 12-15-2013 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 6454956)
I have my list started. Do you all have your list ready for next year?

Yes, I do. I really HAVE to finish that quilt on the frame that I'm hand quilting..... and the OBO that I started 5 years ago. I have that BOM from 6 years ago and my daughter's cathedral window that I started for her 25th wedding anniversary. Oh my, that was 2 years ago. Where does the time go?

Then, I have some quilts that I've promised to people..... a baby quilt for my cousin's 1st grandbaby, 2 great nephew quilts (the last great nephews of 9), 1 great niece ( the last of 7) and I'm done..... Yeah!!!

That's 8 quilts, total.... I can do that, can't I?? I think I can, I think I can..... I really have to try!

nanna-up-north 12-15-2013 04:06 AM

That is a really great Christmas quilt, simple life. One of the first quilts I ever made was a Christmas quilt and I get it out every year to add a festive touch to the living room.... and it's so nice to cuddle under when the snow is flying around like yesterday. Do you still have a few to finish before the new year? I really love all the quilts you've posted this year..... I think I've said it before. You really have an eye for putting fabrics together. .... really nice.

wildyard 12-15-2013 09:01 AM

I'm thinking we should talk to admin about this becoming a permanent thread here on QB. LOL, seems like there will always be a need for this great cheering and support group!

Emma S 12-15-2013 09:04 AM

Wildyard: I so agree. Not only great people but beautiful quilts. I really don't understand why they ever became UFOs.

Elisabrat 12-16-2013 05:58 AM

this is my goal for 2014. My only resolution. I will put all my ufos together before I join one more swap. I have at least 4 quilts that need putting together sashing and such and well that is my least favorite part of quilt making.. so it goes in this nice bin I close the top and tada.. out of site out of mind.. not going to allow this to continue. I will make those quilts. (I hope) so yes please run this forum again for 2014. I will be right here with all of you. And I will do it. remind me ok?? lol

Emma S 12-16-2013 06:03 AM

Elisabrat: The various quilt alongs and mystery quilts are my downfalls too. I happen to know that you are an enabler since I am going to give in to your medallion quilt along you are organizing. Shame on you! LOL

QuilterMomma 12-16-2013 08:40 AM

Agreed on keeping this one up. I need to finish up those UFOs that did not get done this year. I do have some unfortunately. If I put all the fabric collected for those WIPs, then I would be about caught up. These have been very pretty quilts that turned to UFOs. Sometimes I think we just do like Emma, get side tracked and see all the new pretty ones and feel we need to start them. That is mee. I see the next new thing and say wow, let me do that.
For next year, I am only doing three projects that are new. That is my argyle bargello, a Linda Martin log cabin, and Graduation Memory Quilt for daughter. I have all the supplies for these, just have to do them now. Plus, they will be going into show so they will be special. If I can finish up those UFOs on my list, I will definitely have some show quilts from them.

carriem 12-16-2013 08:46 AM

I am planning to start the 50 Fabulous Stars quilt and Dear Jane in 2014. Otherwise will just continue finishing up UFOs...need to make a list of what I have left.

asimplelife--that's a fun Christmas quilt! Great idea to finish two tops as one quilt. :)

Emma S 12-16-2013 08:53 AM

Carrie: Uuuuuh just wanted to point out that those two quilts could be a year project all by themselves. Well we will be here to root you on. Quilters, always ready for a challenge.