Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

quiltingcradftylady 01-13-2013 07:28 PM

I am working on a large quilt I started last year. It is paper pieced and is quite fun to do. I am not finished with it yet but if I post about it maybe it will inspire me to go ahead and finish it.

JNCT14 01-14-2013 07:20 AM

DING DING!!! Ring that bell Wildyard!!! Another UFO down!!!!

Judith1005 01-14-2013 04:02 PM

I love your color choices for your scattered DP9. It looks great. Thanks for explaining what you meant by "scattered". I definitely have to try this one. Great finish. Woot Woot!!!

karenpatrick 01-14-2013 04:55 PM

Thanks for the explanation, Wildyard. Your quilt is really nice. So nice to call it "finished." Ring that bell.

wildyard 01-14-2013 05:45 PM

I did cheat a little and after I drew them all out and put them on the design wall. Then I took a photo and moved a few around to avoid too many duplcates being togeter and to make sure it looked balanced to me. I did that before I sewed the quarters together and again before sewing the larger squares together.

Knitette 01-15-2013 08:12 AM

A little tinkle for me please. It may not sound like much, but for me - who has no dressmaking skills whatsoever - it's an accomplishment, albeit not quilt-related.
This morning I cut the feet off one of DGS fleecy sleep suits my daughter gave me before Christmas and hemmed them with an over edge foot (who's been reading the manual then?) :shock:

wildyard 01-15-2013 08:34 AM

Oh no Knitette, you get a giant clanging bell for reading the manual and trying something new!!!!!!!!!!! CLANG, CLANG, CLANG!!!! WTG girl!!

gramajo 01-15-2013 10:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my 2nd almost completed UFO of the year. It is the result of a class taken last fall with Debby Kratovil. Top is completed; DD will quilt it on her recently acquired midarm. It will be a practice quilt for her. I don't FMQ and don't want to spend too much time thinking about how to quilt and/or having to mark it. I just want this finished. I have too many UFOs to spend much time on this one. It will be donated to Project Linus. Love the colors.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]388281[/ATTACH]

cattailsquilts 01-15-2013 10:39 AM

Ok, this sounds like thread I need to be on! I have... Oh... at least 13 different UFOs that are in various stages of progress. Some are cut, but no sewing done, some have some sewing done, others are flimsies that need borders &/or quilted... All of these are a minimum of 6 months old, some are 10 years! Considering I've (only) been quilting for 11 years, that's saying something.

That doesn't even count the ones that I've purchased fabric for, but haven't gone further than that! Or the UFO that my grandmother passed on to me 12 years ago, that she hadn't touched since before I was born! EEP!

dublb 01-15-2013 06:57 PM

Oh wow, I go outta town & when I git back I see several UFO's made into FO's! Way ta go ya'll. I did do 1 block & got the HST's done for 2 other blocks for my Quilt Story, BOM, while in Brady.