Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

dublb 01-25-2013 11:23 AM

Oh I love your colors. Roses are a favorite o' mine. :) Ring the bell & sing the song. :thumbup:

Fraew 01-25-2013 11:33 AM

asimplelife you are just burning through those UFOs! High 5.

Knitette 01-25-2013 11:41 AM

Lovely quilt Shadowirish!

Love your roses asimplelife! The colours are wonderful and the quilt is just beautiful.

Well done both of you.

missgigglewings 01-25-2013 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Shadowirish (Post 5809032)
I finished my first FMQ quilt ...a square sort of crib size. this was my first attempt of any thing this large and everything previously had been straight line (and some wavy lines) with my walking foot. It's far from perfect but I did it and now have some confidence built up for the next one! I discovered that marking on the " golden threads" paper was a big help in conquering spaces. Can't wait To do some more.

Love your little quilt! Will you please tell me what " golden threads" paper is. I FMQ every one that I make and I can only meander. Anything that helps....

Shadowirish 01-25-2013 10:00 PM

Missgigglewings...love your handle BTW...here is a description from Amazon:
Golden Threads Quilting Paper tears away cleanly without pulling your stitches, and stabilizes all weights of fabric. Create your own stencils with the no-marking method! You can use it for trapunto, sketching and tracing, applique, machine embroidery, altering, garment embellishment, paper piecing, duplicating and designing patterns, bobbin work, home decor sewing, and much more! Complete instructions included. 20ydx12"

At first I tried drawing my pattern on just plain paper, but it was a pain to remove the paper...so I tried the GTQP and it really does tear away pretty cleanly. The directions say to stitch you pattern on the paper and then use the pounce pad to mark your quilt...I just drew my pattern directly on the paper and then positioned it on the quilt. Now if I could only draw better! I just haven't got the hang of meandering without some guidance.....need more practice!

annesthreads 01-26-2013 04:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, I'm back. I was a regular on the boards till about 6 months ago, but since then have had some time away from my sewing machine - not sure why - it wasn't a conscious decision. I just needed a rest and got distracted by other things, I suppose.
For the past week or two I've been picking up my sewing again, and yesterday I decided to sort out all the UFOs - I have far more of those than I do finished projects! I've made a list of all 31 of them on my blog http://annes-threads.blogspot.co.uk/...-and-usos.html and am now feeling inspired to get back to work on them. I can rarely work steadily on one until I finish, because a tight budget often means something has to be put aside until I can afford the materials I need to continue with it, but I've decided to go as far as I can, note what I need to buy, then pick up another one in the meantime. There are enough that I'm unlikely to find myself without anything to do!

The first one is this one

[ATTACH=CONFIG]390806[/ATTACH]

which needs borders adding. Then it'll have to wait until I can get some black wadding.

gramajo 01-26-2013 04:39 AM

annesthreads, very pretty.

ssnare 01-26-2013 04:40 AM

I am working on a quilt that I am up to tying it. I tried to do some free motion quilting but my thread kept breaking every 2 inches. So now I am tying it. I will post a picture when I am finished.

ssnare 01-26-2013 04:43 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have also finished 3 block of the month blocks. Here are 2 of the pictures of the bom.

ssnare 01-26-2013 04:49 AM

Beautiful projects that everyone has completed.