Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

Ranchwife 02-05-2013 01:35 PM

Ok, I'm new here. I've read through many of the pages here and I believe the UF in UFO stands for 'unfinished', but what is the O? Thanks.

kristakz 02-05-2013 02:17 PM

Same as the traditional UFO - Object. That way it covers the whole gamut of unfinished objects - quilting or otherwise :)

Ranchwife 02-05-2013 07:54 PM

Thanks. I suppose I could join but I am only working on one quilt project at the moment and it should be done in mid march. Sooner if I could set and hand quilt for longer than 2 hours of an evening! :)

Foxflower 02-05-2013 08:01 PM

Hey Ranchwife, I don't suppose you live near me? I'm a ranch wife too (most days I feel like the rancher) in NE Cali nowhere near the Bay area or disneyland. ;)

And WELCOME by the way.

BoJangles 02-06-2013 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 5840241)
QM your DD did a great job. :thumbup: I sure hope ya start feelin' better soon. Chronic pain is so hard ta live with. Huggs
Welcome
BoJangles! I just love your quilt w/the house. :thumbup: Way ta go!

Thank you all for the nice comments about my "house" flannel quilt - I just realized that quilt was started in 2008. Yep, I have made a commitment to myself to finish all my UFO's this year. I have 5 BOTM's to finish, 3 Strip quilts, 1 mystery quilt, 1 French Braid, and 1 french braid obsession! I love this thread, hopefully you guys will keep me motivated to get them all done! I am finishing one of my strip quilts now - I hope I can get both of them done for February!

Geeze, I do actually finish quilts - I think I finished 4 last year - but, to look at this note it would appear I just start quilts and never finish them! I didn't even realize how many I have sitting until I started to count - you know, one or two a year that didn't seem to get done! After 10 years or so, they add up!

Nancy

gramquilter2 02-06-2013 12:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have finally finished one UFO, this one was started in December 2011 right after Christmas.
It is a pieced, quilted & beaded wallhanging of our 9 grandchildren. [ATTACH=CONFIG]393509[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]393511[/ATTACH]

wildyard 02-06-2013 01:36 PM

Congrats on your great finish, but even more, congrats on having such a fantastic wall hanging of your lovely grandchildren!!

dublb 02-06-2013 02:20 PM

Oh gramquilter2 I really love it! There will never be another one like it! Awesome!:thumbup:

foxylady4748 02-06-2013 03:31 PM

Hi, I'm new to the quilting board, saw this thread and said great, this is just what I need. I moved recently and found several UFO's I have forgot about. I will be quilting one tommorrow. My LQS allows you to rent time on their quilting machine and I've made my appt.

Will send a picture as soon as it's bound.

gramajo 02-06-2013 03:51 PM

Welcome to the board, foxylady4748