Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

narnianquilter 03-19-2013 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Emma S (Post 5940040)
Narnianquilter, I am so envious! How many did you start with?

Well at the first of the year I had 6 to finish...but the problem is I have 6 more quilts waiting in the wings. One is a commission piece for a college student, one a memory quilt for my sister in law, one a gift for my husband, and three are wedding gifts. The deadlines for those are May 17th, whenever, July 11th, September 13th, December 21st and one unknown that may spill over into next year...so I HAVE to to get these UFOs off my table to so my incoming works can replace them!

dublb 03-19-2013 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by narnianquilter (Post 5940137)
Well at the first of the year I had 6 to finish...but the problem is I have 6 more quilts waiting in the wings. One is a commission piece for a college student, one a memory quilt for my sister in law, one a gift for my husband, and three are wedding gifts. The deadlines for those are May 17th, whenever, July 11th, September 13th, December 21st and one unknown that may spill over into next year...so I HAVE to to get these UFOs off my table to so my incoming works can replace them!

Awesome!!!!

Emma S 03-19-2013 06:31 PM

Narnian: Well my UFOs are more like fourteen with no deadlines so I guess I am lucky, except my kids have all placed dibbs on their favorites. I keep telling them that I will be a better quilter as I go along so the last quilt will be the best. Not sure they agree but may keep my son in place because he got the first one.

Sherryquilts 03-19-2013 06:53 PM

Oksewglad, those are so cute! I have been working on some NICU items as well - receiving blankets, crocheted hats and quilts. I remember going to visit our GS and having a cheery new quilt or a cute new hat, it really brightened our day!

oksewglad 03-19-2013 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Sherryquilts (Post 5940230)
Oksewglad, those are so cute! I have been working on some NICU items as well - receiving blankets, crocheted hats and quilts. I remember going to visit our GS and having a cheery new quilt or a cute new hat, it really brightened our day!

Well those little items take a lot less time than the beauties you posted earlier. So pretty.

Louise607 03-20-2013 04:26 AM

My UFO to Hotmess

2 Attachment(s)
I started this one a number of years ago. Started hand quilting it but had issues and finally required surgery on a thumb joint. This sat FOREVER, picked it up again and decided to finish it on the machine. It was a very early project and I had no idea what I was doing. So last week it finally went from UFO to a Hot Mess, lol.

narnianquilter 03-20-2013 07:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
That is beautiful! I have always wanted to do a quilt like that...I just can't decide on colors. So far I want a pink one a green one and purple one....

And at last here is my longest running UFO complete! Just wrapped it up this morning. Pic still has the unsnipped threads, but it is done and ready to go!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]402963[/ATTACH]

oksewglad 03-20-2013 07:24 AM

Yeah two more off someones lists!

michelleoc 03-20-2013 08:16 AM

Louise607 - doesn't look like a hot mess to me. It's really pretty...congratulations on finishing it.
Narnianquilter-your quilt is pretty. Are the ladybugs appliqued on?

dublb 03-20-2013 09:08 AM

Louise - I just love the Irish Chain & yours is no exception! It's lovely.
Narian - Such a sunshiny quilt. So bright & cheerful.

And another one's down, and another one's down, and another one bites the dust!