Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

carriem 04-08-2013 11:14 AM

Nancy--that is a beautiful quilt. How many strips does it take?

stablemom 04-08-2013 12:45 PM

Just glancing thru, man these just make me want to something new with some of my lovely fabrics!!!!

michelleoc 04-08-2013 02:01 PM

Nancy - stunning quilt!

narnianquilter 04-09-2013 05:39 AM

Oh this is beautiful!! Such a great job. love all the colors in this!

mom-6 04-09-2013 07:04 AM

Wow! Such gorgeous finishes! Guess I better get busy and pick one to finish. Lol!

BoJangles 04-09-2013 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by carriem (Post 5987050)
Nancy--that is a beautiful quilt. How many strips does it take?

Thanks everyone! I am really trying to finish one unfinished project a month! I have a list and love love that I got to check 3 off that list - one for each month so far!

That strip quilt took a Bali pop, which is 40 - 2.5" strips cut the width of the fabric! Then of course you have to add a border or two!

Nancy

missgigglewings 04-09-2013 11:42 AM

Lovely quilts ladies..Bojangles: is that pattern called Tradewinds?....I want to make that quilt! Darn purple cast comes off my hand next Monday.....I will be so happy!!

QuilterMomma 04-09-2013 12:39 PM

Love that quilt Nancy!!!

I finished up two UFOs that were hanging, well I have binding to do. No, I did not photo them, yes I should, but in a quick rush right now. Just popping in to see how the finishes are going. Yesterday I bought 14 yards of fabric at $5 per yard at the LQS so I was able to get the rest of my UFOs that are hanging up to quilt ready for the machine. I have some customer quilts first but this way I can put one of mine on to practice some new stuff on quilts and not ruin a customers. Or at least rip out stitches messed up. Will be nice to get the done. There are only five of them sitting there still. One I need a back for yet so have to find something else. Well, back to work.

dublb 04-09-2013 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5989353)
Love that quilt Nancy!!!

I finished up two UFOs that were hanging, well I have binding to do. No, I did not photo them, yes I should, but in a quick rush right now. Just popping in to see how the finishes are going. Yesterday I bought 14 yards of fabric at $5 per yard at the LQS so I was able to get the rest of my UFOs that are hanging up to quilt ready for the machine. I have some customer quilts first but this way I can put one of mine on to practice some new stuff on quilts and not ruin a customers. Or at least rip out stitches messed up. Will be nice to get the done. There are only five of them sitting there still. One I need a back for yet so have to find something else. Well, back to work.

What a great way ta multitask, git some practicin' in & your UFO's done! Ya go girl!!!

asimplelife 04-10-2013 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5986814)
Wow beautiful work! I love all the great finishes! Here is my March finish. It is a strip club quilt I started last year . . . . it measures 74 X 82.[ATTACH=CONFIG]406837[/ATTACH]

Nancy

I love this one! So much color and your piecing looks amazing. Was it hard to choose the border fabrics? I often have a hard time with borders for scrappy quilts. Yours are perfect.