Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

michelleoc 07-12-2013 07:59 AM

asimplelife: beautiful finishes, as usual. Do you do your own quilting? They are just lovely. I hope you had a fabulous time in Vegas. (going there during the summer, are you nuts?!?!?!)

QuilterMomma 07-12-2013 02:35 PM

Oh so love that string quilt you made asimplelife. It is beautiful. I have 8 of my own ufos to quilt and will post once done. Just have to get them done. Still working on customers. I am almost done with one that turned out so pretty, but I have the binding to finish up. Think I may get it attached this weekend. Anyone want to do bindings on all these quilts? I have five items just needing binding.

asimplelife 07-12-2013 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by michelleoc (Post 6173389)
asimplelife: beautiful finishes, as usual. Do you do your own quilting? They are just lovely. I hope you had a fabulous time in Vegas. (going there during the summer, are you nuts?!?!?!)

My DH is a poker player in his 2nd job and unfortunately summer is when the big tournaments are... So I guess I am part crazy!

I do my own walking foot quilting on kid size and smaller quilts and enjoy it very much (finally!) with my Juki 2010q. I send larger quilts out to a long armer. Besides busting UFOs I want to learn how to FMQ this year.

QuilterMomma 07-19-2013 10:13 AM

We must be on vacation this month from UFOs right? NOT!!! I am finally getting one on the longarm. I finished up the customer king fractured star. had to turn it and repin five times to get it done. Boy, that was a task. No more of those for awhile. Anyone else have some finishes?

carriem 07-19-2013 10:17 AM

None for me...not sure if I will get one finished in July or not. I haven't sewn much in the last 3 weeks due to shoulder pain. Going to physical therapy now so hope to be on the mend soon.

Emma S 07-19-2013 02:52 PM

Still ploding along on my string quilt. The reason such a simple pattern is taking so long is; I am hand sewing all those quilt as you go seams, since I didn't like the way it looked using any other method (never again), and its a King size. Hoping for a July finish but ..............

QuilterMomma 07-22-2013 10:52 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Finished this one on the quilting and the binding is set to go. Posting in case I get to busy later. Was playing with some quilting designs on this one since it is a scrap.

QuilterMomma 07-22-2013 10:58 AM

Umbrella Girls

2 Attachment(s)
Not sure I posted this one. Finishing up the binding but since I was thinking about it, thought to post it completed.

Annaquilts 07-22-2013 12:18 PM

Wow! Beth you did it again. All of it is very nice.

BoJangles 07-25-2013 05:45 AM

Quiltermoma, wow your quilting is superb! Do you do all that free hand, or do you mark and quilt? I am not that talented - I'd have to mark and quilt. The embrella girls are beautiful!

I had 5 UFO finishes this year, then I made a chameleon purse for the month of June - not a UFO. Then I just finished a quilt for my camper, also not a UFO! I have to get back with the program!

Nancy