Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2014 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2014-ufo-challenge-month-t237730.html)

nanna-up-north 02-19-2014 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 (Post 6584760)
Nana-up-north: Thank you. The centers are not curved lines but the result of using 5 squares of 9 inches each and then I followed the directions for a 10 minute block. I rolled the resulting square edges and top stitched and that's what makes them look like curved lines. :)

Connie

That's interesting.... kinda like the cathedral window method of rolling the edges. I just finished one of those.... no more rolled edges for me. At least not for quite a while. But I do like the look..... you did a very nice job.

jwardknits 02-23-2014 05:16 AM

I was able to finish two projects and used only fabrics from my stash. One is a rag quilt using homespun fabric and the other one is a scrappy rail fence quilt. Hoping to get another done this week and then only two dozen or more to go. I am not sure why I cannot add pictures but each time I try I am able to select the file and click on the Upload File button but they never upload. Any tips would be appreciated on what I need to do to complete the uploads.

carriem 02-23-2014 05:36 AM

jwardknits...Great job on two more finishes!! You may need to resize your photos; if they are too big, they won't post.

wildyard 02-23-2014 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by carriem (Post 6591010)
jwardknits...Great job on two more finishes!! You may need to resize your photos; if they are too big, they won't post.

Just to add, since the new changes, I have not been able to add photos using the "photo" icon above the window. The only way I can get them to upload is by using the "go Advanced" box and then using the "manage attachments" area. I have no problem adding photos that way. I know it's not the size of the photo, since they readily load one way but not the other.

Emma S 02-23-2014 08:36 AM

Linda: That's the way I use. There has been a couple of times that mine were to big, but at least you know that's what the problem is.

SewBelle 02-24-2014 06:32 AM

This sounds good to me. I had two projects started before I knew what I was doing - a "fussy cut" butterfly table runner that was supposed to be for my sister-in-law for Christmas, and a hot mat for my friend. I had cut everything out and tried putting them together, but the points didn't line up, the squares were crooked, etc.

Since I just finished my "how to" beginning quilting class, I think I'm ready to go on this. Oh, and I also have to finish the Mystery Quilt Train #6 that I've started and am already behind on!

SewBelle 02-26-2014 05:23 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally got to re-work the butterfly table runner I started earlier (before I knew what I was doing, somewhat) and finished it yesterday. Going to try and post pictures here. Hopefully they'll come out straight and not blurry as I took them at night with my ipad - one full-on and one close-up.[ATTACH=CONFIG]464582[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]464581[/ATTACH]

SewBelle 02-26-2014 05:24 AM

When and if I do this pattern again, I'll change my cross hatch quilting to better match the square outlines - next class will be a free-motion quilting so I'll know more than simple cross hatch!

wildyard 02-26-2014 06:30 AM

Love your butterfly fabric and table runner. Great job on the rework!!

carriem 02-26-2014 06:33 AM

SewBelle--great job getting this finished, it looks good! I love the butterflies. :)