Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2014 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2014-ufo-challenge-month-t237730.html)

Pieceofwork 10-30-2014 04:27 PM

Chrystina I love your saying about how to live your life. Great wisdom.

michelleoc 11-01-2014 11:22 AM

Hi everyone: According to the Board, we had one completed UFO in October, bringing our total up to 210! We've just got a couple more months in 2014 to crank these out. Keep up the good work, everyone!

alberta quilter 11-03-2014 01:22 AM

Can anyone join in at any time or how does it work? I have a ton of UFOs and need to get lots done before the end of the year so....

Emma S 11-03-2014 04:56 AM

Lisa: Anyone can join at any time, all are welcome. There are actually two related threads. One is to show your completed UFOs and the other is to talk about your progress. This challenge has been going on for several years so some one will start new threads for 2015. Looking forward to seeing your work!

Mariesto 11-03-2014 07:24 AM

What are PHDs? I must have some since I have so many things in progress! Thanks.

michelleoc 11-03-2014 07:54 AM

Lisa: Seriously, welcome to the group! It's been just the kick in the pants that I have needed to get UFOs done. Please post your completed UFOs here so we can oooh and aaaah over them and count them toward our total (which means nothing, other than to show how much progress is being made).

PHDs? No clue...

Emma S 11-03-2014 09:54 AM

What about Projects Half Done (PHD)?

auntjo 11-08-2014 04:56 PM

Farmer's Wife finished - guess I posted on wrong board...

7 Attachment(s)
My Farmers Wife quilt started w/a group on here in 2009? is now completed & on my bed. I was all set to custom quilt each block but decided to use an all over pantograph called "Leaf Pile" that just felt like it went with the quilt. I used a brown thread matching the sashing & backing brown and am really quite pleased with how it turned out - this is for me, to be used on my bed - not going to be judged in a show.... And this from an old school hand quilter that just can't do it by hand anymore. Even machine stitched the binding - a first.

Emma S 11-09-2014 06:25 AM

Jo: A masterpiece! Thank you for sharing your quilting decisions. I really like the graceful curves. Then there's the way it looks on your bed. I think that tailored bed skirt is just beautiful and the color perfect. What a great addition to any bedroom.

SandyinZ4 11-09-2014 07:56 PM

Jo that is a work of art. The quilting is just perfect for it, too. I so admire anyone who has completed a FW quilt. Not even on my bucket list because I don't think I can live long enough. Will be happy just finishing my already started ufo's and plan to just admire people like you who have completed TFW. Your backing is a quilt in itself, too!