Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2014-ufo-therapy-thread-sister-thread-2014-ufo-challenge-month-t237910.html)

Emma S 01-18-2014 05:50 AM

Nammie: Applique is so labor intensive but nothing compares to it for beauty. Congrats on the progress.

wildyard 01-18-2014 08:10 AM

Beautiful applique work Nammie. It will be so worth all your time and effort once you are done!!! An heirloom in the making!

Raggiemom 01-18-2014 01:23 PM

Nammie, love the design and colors. It will be so pretty when it's all done.

YukonViv 01-18-2014 06:29 PM

Beautiful piece Nammie.

Another UFO day here today. I got together again with my friend today to work on another UFO. This is our second UFO day this year!

I can't recall if I mentioned it before but we got together last weekend and I finished a quilt top from a couple of years ago and did 3 more pineapple blocks on a quilt from September 2011 (now have 6 blocks!). My friend made and attached binding to 3 of her quilts.

Today I took over another UFO, this one another class project from January 2013, a french braid quilt. I had 4 braids made and now I nearly have a completed top, I made and attached the separator bands and attached part of the border. Just the final border to go.

And my friend? She finished her quilt top (king sized Counterpoint). She only has one quilt to finish piecing and one baby quilt to quilt up. Then she's completely done all her projects and ready to start something new. Can you believe it? I'm so jealous, she's so strong willed.

Once she is ready, and I get a couple more UFOs under my belt, we are starting a new project, we each have a Kaffe Fassett quilt just waiting. Yay!!!!

Emma S 01-18-2014 06:38 PM

Viv: I am green with envy. What an incredibly productive day. Pictures? Don't make me beg!

nanna-up-north 01-19-2014 06:15 AM

Nammy.... the applique is beautiful. I can tell from just seeing the corner... this one is going to be spectacular. Can't wait for the finish.

Yukon, I am so jealous..... about having someone to quilt with you. That really gets your blood flowing and keeps you on track. Alas, I get my SIL to work with once in a while but I so loved when our guild would all get together and have a quilting day. I always got so much done...... no interruptions. But, I moved away and haven't joined another guild. And clang, clang.... ringing the bell for your UFO pile disappearing before your eyes. Good for you both.

YukonViv 01-19-2014 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Emma S (Post 6520612)
Viv: I am green with envy. What an incredibly productive day. Pictures? Don't make me beg!

Unfortunately I didn't take my camera with me, next time!

Pattia 01-19-2014 05:07 PM

she is sooooo adorable. so glad she found you. She knew where to go.
your quilt is beautiful too.
Patti

Originally Posted by asimplelife (Post 6486940)
And I have to share our Christmas kitten Elsa too! She was rescued from -25 degree weather by my husband after a friend said she had been hanging around his home trying to get in December 6th. After our vet pronounced her healthy and no one was missing her she made herself right at home and won our hearts.

She LOVES quilts and is a total lap kitty. Here she is on my last UFO Finish of 2013... she seems to think it is hers since I was sewing down the binding the weekend she found us!

Pattia 01-19-2014 05:10 PM

that is stunning and I love the border idea. you guys are very smart!

Originally Posted by Fraew (Post 6509582)
My first flimsy for 2014! Thank you SheriR for helping with borders...used the cut off HSTs from the blocks rather than create another UFO. Pretty smart this group is. :) It's ready for quilting and then an awesome rainbow batik binding. I may use the rainbow fabric on the back too.

Pattia 01-19-2014 05:13 PM

sorry, I can't help with the batting question, but have to say I love your quilt and the colors too. Patti

Originally Posted by coopah (Post 6505041)
So here's my first partially done UFO. Remember, I'm a hobby quilter and the straight stitching lines didn't always go straight. The binding needs to be done, and I probably have enough remnants to use the same materials for that.
Big question:
I used 80/20 Hobbs cotton batting. It states that quilting can be up to 4" apart. This stitching is exactly that. So do you think I need more quilting lines or leave it be?[ATTACH=CONFIG]455824[/ATTACH]