Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2015 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2015-fabric-moratorium-t259073.html)

MadQuilter 12-31-2015 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by dottie dodge (Post 7418509)
Does it sound gross if I say I really like your "Dirty Laundry"? LOL So, are you going to share the story?

I am an odd (but proud) duck in a flock of odd ducks (called my in-laws) and I (we) have been excluded from most family events. (I am just a bit too outspoken for those folks.) However, 2015 was the year where I (we) put in a concerted effort to get this situation straightened out and the relationships improved. I thought things were going swimmingly when I saw yet another FB post of yet another family gathering where we were yet again not invited. I allowed myself a 5-minute pity party and moved on.
The same time we received a Christmas card from one of these in-laws addressed to “Mr and Mrs Graham.” SERIOUSLY?! Even our service providers know our first names. It took me to a whole new level of crazy and in my already emotional state (plus I had that nasty cold), I posted a rather impressive hissy-fit on FB (with public setting). It was clean and I didn’t name anyone BUT the message left nothing to the imagination. Something to the effect of “if we are so monumentally unimportant in your life, why are we on the card list?” Eventually the offending parties saw my post (which really was my intention) and they in turn sent me scathing messages. They were looking for a fight (angry little hobgobblins). Too bad for them I wasn’t in the fighting mood. I am so DONE with these people.
End result, I am (we are) now officially voted off the island AND we won’t be getting any more Christmas cards. I call that MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
Fast forward a few days and another in-law posted a comment about airing dirty laundry on FB. It was clearly directed at me (not that I care). As soon as I saw that post, I started laughing because the name for the quilt was set. It totally fit, as this project helped me get through the chaos of the Christmas week.
The most interesting parts to all of this:
I totally get the concept of being “indifferent” toward someone.
I know that I am DONE with someone when they are crossed off my “quilt-worthy” list.
Now you know about my dirty laundry.

Sophie2 12-31-2015 05:25 PM

MadQuilter, thanks for sharing your story. Know that you are not alone! I feel the same way many times. Love your "dirty laundry" quilt. Happy New Year. You must feel like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders. No more thinking about them!

SandyinZ4 12-31-2015 05:44 PM

Martina, Thanks so much for sharing your 'Dirty Laundry'. The quilt is fabulous and your life from now on will be much better without all that stress. Happy new year to all of you!

dottie dodge 12-31-2015 06:30 PM

Martina, believe it or not but I can totally relate! You can choose your friends but not your relatives.

Have a Happy New Year everyone! I have stalked this list this past year and just did a brief inventory of my UFO's. Hello, my name is Sue. I'm a ...... can't say it. But I think I need help, just between you and me. LOL