Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2015 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2015-ufo-challenge-month-t258962.html)

WMUTeach 06-06-2015 02:10 PM

One UFO? :D :D :D! tkhooper, you make me giggle!

SandyinZ4 06-07-2015 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by bmillet (Post 7217139)
Count me in. I have so many UFOs. Do we post them on the board once finish?

We all love pictures and whenever anyone completes a UFO, we love to see the finished project. Then we can give kudos and you give the rest of us encouragement to keep plugging away on ours. Welcome and so glad you joined us.

allspots 06-07-2015 06:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi all! I am new to the quilting board and just found this thread. I have been on a mission since last year to finish up my UFOs. Made some progress this week, so for June I have two so far. A batik wallhanging, all it needed was the hanging sleeve sewn on the back, and a Trip Around the World quilt that was started well over 10 yrs ago and just needed binding. Why I let nearly finished projects lay aside for so long, I will never know!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]521804[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]521805[/ATTACH]

oksewglad 06-07-2015 07:56 PM

Welcome to the board allspice, and glad you are joining us on this mission. I ask the same ?...why do I have so many "nearly finished" projects....

Emma S 06-08-2015 05:17 AM

Welcome from Oregon, Allspots! Congrats on both of your finishes! What glorious colors, truly a feast for the eyes.

VickiM 06-08-2015 05:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I got a few more done...I'm sure I'm caught up so far.

VickiM 06-08-2015 05:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OOPS! The 2nd pic is the back of this one.

VickiM 06-08-2015 05:18 PM

The 1st is a scrappy wedding throw...the 2nd is the quilt I taught my GD when she was 10--she's graduating Thurs.! She made all the blocks...I finished it as a nice 50"x60" throw as she's not been living here for 2 years. I have enough of my own UFO's...didn't need hers hanging around too! LOL The 3rd is Judy's Mysterytrain #3...the actual graduation quilt I had planned for her. So done, done, & done! :)

VickiM 06-08-2015 05:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally, 2 quilts started in 2006...finished this week! Blue/pink one is a Debbie Kafrey mystery, full/queen. This whole quilt was pressed from the back because of the blue fabric that has foiled confetti on it. Turned out beautifully even doing it that way, I was anxious about that. The pink is sparkly. The other blue has emb. flowers on it--bought that way. Don't know where I got it & know that I bought it way back then. Put it on the back too. My LA girl squared it for me & saved the scraps cut off, that's what the binding is made from. My GD used to love to sit a watch me embroider...these are squares we embroidered together, I made into a 52"x64" throw. I'm caught up till Aug., I think! :)

VickiM 06-08-2015 05:38 PM

Boy! Are there some wonderful finishes on here since I was last on! Let's keep going....................:)