Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 37 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

Blog Entries

2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

This is the brand new page for 2015's continuation of our UFO Challenge. The rules are simple: Supporting and encouraging one another in completing our accumulated UFOs.

You can set a goal for each month, but definitely is not required.

A "finish" is defined as removing said UFO from your incomplete stack of projects. The way you accomplish this is up to you. You can finish the project, pass it on to someone else to finish, donate it, sell it.... you see, we are very flexible. Our goal is to reduce the pile of UFOs.

And yes, you can move your UFO to someone else's pile, lol, it's been done before. We are great enablers, too!

All are welcome to hop on this UFO train; we reach out our hands to help you get on. The train will blow it's whistle for each new member and we ring the bell for all the finishes that happen!!

It doesn't matter how you count your UFO's; it's entirely up to you. No UFO Police allowed here!!!

We all love pictures so feel free to share whenever another UFO becomes a Finished project!
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Blog Entries
    I am definitely in on this one for 2015. I have a daunting tumbling block quilt that has been haunting me or nearly 2 years. My youngest son chose the pattern and picked all of the fabric (batiks) but since I just started quilting about 3 years ago, the pattern was more intermediate than beginner. While I think my skills have improved, the project has been hard to get back into. It is my only UFO but I definitely want to finish it!
    attitude is everything...the rest will fall into place.

Count me in for 2015!! I have several projects that need to be finished, and I think I may have a little more "me" time to just sew!!

Count me in. We have a quilt show coming up in June and I need to get moving. Our guild also has a UFO challenge. Maybe this will get them finished. I have just to bind a quilt I made for DH. So let the inspiration begin!
    Sharon

Blog Entries
    I'm in! I did get four done last year that had been hanging around. Maybe the trend can continue!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

May be just what I need...group help! Count me in!

Count me in too. I need all the help I can get.

Blog Entries
    Looking forward to all the 'finishes' for the new year. From what you all have said, it appears that the train whistle will be tooting a lot! On to 2015 and welcome to everyone who climbs on board.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

DJ
    Greetings!

I have UFOs in about every category (quilting, cross stitch, knitting, etc.) I have two primary UFOs that I want to start the new year working on. One is a king size quilt for DD and the other is a felt Christmas stocking kit for DSonIL.

I have about 5 blocks of the quilt done. One block is a bear claw, and the other block is applique silhouettes of bears. I plan to hand quilt it.

Blog Entries
    I might give this a shot. For me a UFO is an unfinished top. Since finished tops take up less room than finished quilts, I just want to finish the tops. My problem is I just love starting new projects; however, lately I have only been doing wall hangings and table toppers -- those I have no problem completing. These also allow me to perfect new techniques while providing a variety and allowing me time to work on other crafts as well.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Blog Entries
    I'm aboard! Yesterday I worked on taking little UFO's and creating one big one. Welcome all.....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

YoooHooo! I'm coming aboard. I have a few Phd's, that I need to finish. Hope I'm up for the challenge.

Oh, goodness, I am so trying to get aboard. The satchel of UFO's is so heavy. Wheeeew! I made it. I am aboard and ready to settle down to the finishing of some quilt tops. I don't know how many, the number will come later, but I suspect that there are more than ..... 10 and less than 20. First one just needs a binding. Next.... well I have a few to choose from.... Talk with y'all later and look forward to many, many photo finishes from us all.

I'm in (again)! Very few unfinished tops in my collection, but at least 18 tops waiting to be quilted and bound, so that's my goal for this year.

I'm in! I set the bar so low in 2014, no finishes, that I know I can at least surpass that record.

Blog Entries
    Well, will have to see how I do. I definitely am like most everyone on this board with my own stash of UFOs. Happy New Year everyone.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
    I'm in! I set the bar so low in 2014, no finishes, that I know I can at least surpass that record.
    I am glad to see that someone else is in my category. Lol. Seriously, I have over 30 projects (my WIP's Works in progress) in various stages of completion and another 80 or 90 kits that I am trying not to cut into until I get half of my WIP's done. And I found a log cabin. I had cut out back In The 80's. It was in the attic and all the pieces had to be washed. I think it just changed to a modified 1600 quilt. Haha. That one I really want to get done.
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

I am in this year. I had hoped to finish one before New Years but was sick last week. I was planning to teach my Mom to use her Martelli Zip Bind system but the DVD wouldn't play right and I just didn't have enough energy to try and figure it out without video help. She doesn't have a computer either so no watching the You Tube videos. So the binding is sewn on but not turned and finished. Not sure if I will still try to machine sew it down as was planned with the tool or go back to hand binding. Either way, it is almost finished and what I will work on tomorrow while watching the Rose Parade

Happy New Year and here's to a UFO reducing new year!
    Lisa

I'm going to join! I had almost no UFO's at the start of last year, and have accumulated so many now! I "inherited" several from my Mom, and finished two of them in 2014. Most of these are over 30 years in the UFO bin. I've started several on my own too.

I've got stuff in the "needs to be quilted" to the some fabric and sketches on paper" stage.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

I am in for 2015. DH is sick with the flu that is going around so I think I will spend this New Years Eve taking inventory of all my UFO. Is I am still up I may just post that list to this thread. Here is to finishing UFO's in 2015.

2015 UFO's

I haven't done quilting in a long time, and while cleaning out boxes found several UFO quilts that have inspired me to take it up again.

My tastes have radically changed since I worked on them - so I'll probably take some of them apart and rework them a bit.

Pictures soon.

Janyce

Well, I'm back on board again this year. I started with 55, got 33 finished but need to add the multiple mystery quilts that I decided to do!! I'm so anxious to see everyone's beautiful work. Y'all are so inspiring!

I'm in! Our guild is doing this challenge also. Hopefully with two places to report into, I'll get everything done. My first one is a pile of blocks that is all laid out, just needs to be turned into a children's quilt! And then there are 5 10 minute table runner. Now honestly, wouldn't you think I would have found time to finish them at least
    Heather

Blog Entries
    Not only was I pathetic in the completion category but I was very prolific in adding to the UFO pile. So I have to be in for 2015 or I run the risk of getting buried under my pile of tops should it ever topple.
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

I am in for 2015 too. I wasn't going to buy any fabric or pattern in 2014 until I finished a UFO (finish then buy) right? Well that lasted not at all! This year will be different I promise!
    I don't know how to do that.....YET!
    Life Is About Using The Whole Box Of Crayons.

Page 1 of 37 1 2 11 ... LastLast