Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2015 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 01-01-2016, 02:54 PM

Just a note to everyone..We are waiting for approval from the admin. folk for the new thread to get posted. With the holidays, it is a bit longer than usual. Janice and/or I will put a link here as soon as we see that it is up and running.
Old 01-01-2016, 04:52 PM

Hi, QuilterMomma, can you transfer or copy/paste this massive list over to the 2016 UFO Challenge? I just signed up for the coming year, and want to follow your progress on this list and see photos of your finishes. Thanks,
Old 01-02-2016, 06:16 AM

Relaxing with my coffee on my day off from work, I found this section of the QB. Spent at least an hour enjoying the beautiful quilts. I have 4 tops to finish and I work so slowly. However I am inspired since there are other quilts I want to begin. Will continue to watch the progress.
Old 01-02-2016, 07:46 AM

Here is the link for the new 2016 UFO Challenge of the Month.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2016-ufo-challenge-month-t273926.html

Hop on over there and sign up, post your list of UFOs, or just stop in to say hello!

Last edited by Janice McC; 01-02-2016 at 07:50 AM.
Old 01-03-2016, 01:44 PM

Hi everyone! Well I didn't get as many UFOs done in 2015 as I had hoped, but I'm going to make another attempt to complete some of them this year. I am currently working on making scrappy quilts for our vehicles as we are finally having a winter here in Nevada!!! It's been cold and I hate the thought of any of us getting caught in traffic without a quilt to keep us warm. I have 4 of them to make & I'm actually almost finished with the first one. I'm using fleece as backing. And then I have two cousins who both have lung cancer and are going through chemo/radiation. I will be making each of them a quilt. After all of these, I can start on my UFOs. I enjoyed seeing all the beautiful quilts you all finished last year! Quite an accomplishment. Wishing you all the best in 2016 and happy quilting!
Old 01-10-2016, 04:32 AM

Well, just now getting to posting the pics... although finished in 2015 I am posting in the 2016 section. Thanks for setting this up. It does motivate me.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:42 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by zozee View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]539159[/ATTACH]
This is my last UFO which is now a FO. I named it Talitha Cumi (tuh-LEE-thuh KOO-me) which means "Little Girl, Arise." It is used in Mark 5:41 by Jesus and means "Little girl, arise." This past summer a dear friend of mine received the devastating news that her baby girl , six months old at the time, had brain cancer. This was the verse that she has held onto for the past six months as Sophia has been in and out of the hospital.

I was in Ohio at the time I heard the news of her diagnosis-- on vacation at my niece's house. My niece has the unique name of Talitha. She makes and sells children's clothes. I was trying out her Janome Skyline, sewing together bright strips of scraps, which turned out to be this string quilt. It seemed quite fitting to name the quilt Talitha Cumi.

The back is pink doggie print flannel because Sophia loves dogs and because flannel is warm and cozy. I gave it to my friend for the baby's 1st birthday on Dec. 17th. She was very touched.

I guess this is number 303 in the count here on the UFO thread?
Zozee, that's a lovely quilt and very touching story. I pray that baby will recover and live a long and happy life. Your gift was undoubtedly a great comfort and encouragement to them.