Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2015 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 12-31-2015, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by happylab View Post
I didn't finish a ufo, but I did complete my sunbonnet Sue halloween blocks for my swap. Here's a pic.
Happylab--I just love them!!! Do you have a pattern that you could share?
Thanks for your consideration.
Karen
Old 12-31-2015, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Check out this article from Accuquilt. Quite thought provoking.
https://www.accuquilt.com/blog/educa...=consumeremail
QuilterMomma--Thanks for the link and agree it is thought provoking. Lots to think about for this long time quilter.
Happy New Years. Karen
Old 12-31-2015, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4 View Post
FINAL TOTAL IS 302!!!!!
Hurray to everyone. After adding WMUTeach's 6 ufo's finished for 2015, to 296, the total is 302! Way to go everyone. 302! What a lot of projects completed. I am posting this and then Janice will start the new thread so look for it on the main board. As soon as she posts a link here, I will have the admin. close this one off. Thanks you so much to all of you who participated. Happy New Year to all of you and may you complete many more UFO's in 2016.
SandyinZ4--I have been following this link all year as my goal for 2015 was just UFO with a couple of new quilt requirements such as a college graduation quilt for my husbands cousin, 2 new grandchildren, our best man at our wedding's who had a heart attach quilt, a couple of quilt block swaps, and quilted tops from another cousin on my long arm.

On Jan 1, 2015 I had something like 25 UFO's, 22 quilt tops, and not going to count the kits that had not been started. I will do an official count tomorrow but I think I finished at least 6 and then 6 of the quilt tops.

The reason I didn't comment until today? Well, I had a goal of learning to attached photos to the board for 2015 but did not meet that goal at all! So here I am today commenting and wishing all of you a Happy New Year and will hopefully meet my goals for 2016.
Thanks for the great conductor and look forward to our new 2016 conductor.
Karen
Old 12-31-2015, 04:29 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]539155[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]539157[/ATTACH]Happy New Year's Eve! Thanks SandyinZ4 for hosting.

I finished 6 items in December.

5 were baby quilts that volunteers sewed that needed to be enlarged/decreased to the size requested by a charity. We still need to get the word out to all of the volunteers that the quilt tops should be in a certain size range. Lol! I adjusted the size, added a cotton batting to the fleece ones, pillow-turned, top stitched, and tied them. On the batik looking one, I sandwiched it with a fusible batting that was in a donation and quilted it with curvy lines and bound it.

The red, white, and blue one has been hanging on my design wall since this summer. I worked on it off and on and it is only a top. It will be handed off to my church's quilting group next week but it is a DONE project for me. .

Connie
Oops! Sorry I didn't make them smaller.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg  
Old 12-31-2015, 04:58 PM

So, Connie, are these in ADDITION to the count of 302 above, or had you already included them before posting the pictures?
Old 12-31-2015, 05:43 PM

These are in addition to the 302. I just finished the red, white, and blue quilt top last night. The others were done earlier this month.

Connie

Oh, no! I just realized that the WIP quilt behind my red, white, and blue scrappy shows through and makes some of the whites look gray!

Last edited by retiredteacher09; 12-31-2015 at 05:45 PM.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:01 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]539159[/ATTACH]
This is my last UFO which is now a FO. I named it Talitha Cumi (tuh-LEE-thuh KOO-me) which means "Little Girl, Arise." It is used in Mark 5:41 by Jesus and means "Little girl, arise." This past summer a dear friend of mine received the devastating news that her baby girl , six months old at the time, had brain cancer. This was the verse that she has held onto for the past six months as Sophia has been in and out of the hospital.

I was in Ohio at the time I heard the news of her diagnosis-- on vacation at my niece's house. My niece has the unique name of Talitha. She makes and sells children's clothes. I was trying out her Janome Skyline, sewing together bright strips of scraps, which turned out to be this string quilt. It seemed quite fitting to name the quilt Talitha Cumi.

The back is pink doggie print flannel because Sophia loves dogs and because flannel is warm and cozy. I gave it to my friend for the baby's 1st birthday on Dec. 17th. She was very touched.

I guess this is number 303 in the count here on the UFO thread?
Attached Thumbnails talitha-cumi.jpg  
Old 12-31-2015, 06:06 PM

309 with my 6 added in.

Way to go, quilter's!

Connie
Old 12-31-2015, 06:33 PM

You all are working right down to the wire. I'm impressed!!! Wonderful finishes quilters!

Hope the new 2016 thread will be up soon!
Old 12-31-2015, 08:44 PM

Okeveryone...it is still Dec. 31st here in Idaho and only 2 hours to go until 2016 so with the total being 302 plus Buglady's 12, retiredteacher09's and zozee's 1...that makes the total 321!!!! I would say that is a good record to try and beat for 2016! Looking forward to the new thread.