Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2016 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2016-fabric-moratorium-t273964.html)

PaperPrincess 01-03-2016 06:55 AM

I'm so glad everyone found their way here. The moderator closed the 2015 thread before I got a chance to post a link to the new 2016 one. I also want to say that any fabric I might have arriving next week was ordered last year so it doesn't count. How about that for the first rationalization of the new year!

calla 01-03-2016 07:32 AM

yea I'm in for this year too...........and I have not purchased any since last year!! Ok seriously, I have a stash of nothing matching nothing, or coordinating anything. However they are nice but not enough yardage to stand alone. In joining this group last year I discovered I don't have blenders.........I also realized I started buying kits thinking I could finish something........dah......... Than Row by Row came along, oh my.......I have supported LQS in addition a shop in Canada...........I have a desire to hand applique and that requires a multitude of different colors, prints you see where I'm going..........also the crazy quilting............in addition to a variety of fabrics beads and charms........I'm hopeless. And I realized with my friends stash how hard it is to pass it along. Sewing buddies todaytook some and the rest a gal I know from the Linus group took the rest. Altairs wants pictures of the falls.........I might gather my R X R's and take a picture. I did appreciate the reads of others last year. And Martina your Dirty Laundry has a variety of skills, good job.......And this group did help me last year it was on my mind and actually has help me this year, I have an idea for a project and instead of buying I will try this idea....it might fail but try first from the stash............Best Wishes to All.........callaSue

redvette54 01-03-2016 07:37 AM

I'm in this year. Over the past couple of years my stash has exploded and last fall my BF and I went to an estate sale of a craft hoarder. Needless to say, I came home with over $2000 worth of fabric for about a $100. As I was trying to put it away, I realized I had enough fabric to last a lifetime or two. My problem isn't buying at the LQS or Joann, it's tag and estate sales. Thanks for the support.

Veronica 01-03-2016 08:31 AM

I'm going to take the pledge and join the group. I've been quilting since 2010. When I joined a Bee, I felt left out because everyone talked about their fabric stash. Needless to say, I started one without knowing what I was doing. Now I have to much fabric that don't blend together. I started buying quilt kits and I think this is better for me, because I have trouble picking fabrics that go together. I need this group and I pledge to follow the rules and use up my stash.

Jeanne S 01-03-2016 10:05 AM

Quilterpurpledog, you may have sparked a great idea for me when you said you had a $150 fabric gift card! I think I may try to set an annual fabric purchase limit for myself and REALLY try to stick to that amount for fillers and/or sales on fabrics I just HAVE to have. It will be a start in the right direction for me as I don't think I could go totally cold turkey!!

MadQuilter 01-03-2016 11:15 AM

Argh! It's already started. My DH - aka "the enabler" LOVES to tease me with anything quilty. When he picks up the mail, he will come in with a true Cheshire Cat grin on his mug and his hands behind his back "oh honey, look what came in the mail for you...." and then he waves the latest catalog in front of me. Of course, like moths to the flame I grab for it. Grrrrr. Not just grab but also look through.

The force was strong with me last year when the Keepsake Quilting catalogs came through because the lovely array of Civil-war-inspired fat quarters were calling to me. DRATS! THEY ARE STILL IN THE CATALOG THIS YEAR. I really, really want them. Not need - just want. HEAVY SIGH!

I think I'll go upstairs and put away all the errand pieces of fabric and see how much (aaaah, how little) space I have left.

Sew Krazy Girl 01-03-2016 11:42 AM

Mia culpa, mia culpa, mia culpa. I'm a sinner and can't commit. But will keep you all in my prayers.

Krystyna 01-03-2016 01:40 PM

I'm in. My goal is to sew through everything before I'm dead!

elly66 01-03-2016 02:19 PM

I'm thinking I still need this for 2016! I had way too many falls from the wagon last year and hoping to do much better this time around.

equigle5 01-03-2016 03:15 PM

I'm in. So far this year I have been good and not bought any fabric. My goal is to finish a UFO a month. I have many projects to finish and in anticipation of joining in this year to the moratorium I bought what I would need. So now I have to use. Shop stash first, buy if necessary. Wonder how many excuses I will come up with to make a purchase "necessary". LOL