Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2016 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2016-fabric-moratorium-t273964.html)

tkhooper 01-08-2016 04:22 PM

wow that's a great baby quilt. I love it! And all from your stash, that's great.

I agree 3 dollars for silk, I'd have done it in a heart beat.

oksewglad 01-08-2016 09:36 PM

I gave myself a $ budget to spend on quilting for 2015...the totals are in and I spent $50 less than my projected expenditure....doing a happy dance....will set the same goal for this year and see how I do. That being said I think I had a successful moratorium..

tkhooper 01-09-2016 05:25 AM

I don't think I need a budget I just need to do what I have scheduled. I could be wrong.

retiredteacher09 01-09-2016 07:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]539730[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]539731[/ATTACH]

I went to my church quilting group this past week and was given scraps and some blocks that I will eventually use in a sampler quilt. Good thing I enlarged 4 baby quilts and used backing fabric from my stash to finish them earlier in the week so my output was MUCH greater than my intake. :)

Connie

tkhooper 01-09-2016 08:22 AM

Way to go teach, are contributions still adding to the stash?

Quilty-Louise 01-09-2016 08:53 AM

Already off to a BAD start this year. I went to Joann's last
night and spent $53, but some of that money was for some
origami paper for my hubs.

sheryl85338 01-09-2016 01:07 PM

I am in! I have been trying to use what I have for about a year. Yup, went to a show and "had" to buy something...ha. Have been in 2 BOMs in 2015 and used what I had. It doesn't seem to make a dent. Am in a small group now that is starting a "Dear Jane" quilt - will use what I have...just haven't decided on colorway...

JenniePenny 01-09-2016 05:13 PM

Welcome Sheryl to the board!
here is my update. Have been very mindful the past nine days about my fabric. Usually on Saturdays, I like to pop in at my local quilt shop. I have avoided going for two weeks in a row so that is good for not buying fabric without a purpose. I am working on a large queen size sampler quilt. There is a certain yellow gold stripe that I couldn't find a good substitute for in my stash, and I've been pondering a few days, and I decided that for the amount of work that is going in to this project, I didn't want to settle for a butterscotch plaid when I need a goldenrod stripe. So I found that one fabric online today and even though there were a lot of beautiful fabrics on sale at that shop, I only bought one yard of the gold! First new yard of the year for me.

retiredteacher09 01-09-2016 08:27 PM

Tkhooper: I consider contributions adding to my stash because that's how I get quite a bit of my scraps. Garage/estate sales are my other 'problem' area but I was pretty good with that last year.

JenniePenny: Great job at buying only what was needed.

Connie

tkhooper 01-10-2016 05:33 AM

retiredteacher09: I see said the blind man. That used to happen to me with yarn. I'm so new that doesn't happen yet with fabric.

JenniePenny: Ditto and good job staying away from the LQS when you don't have a purpose there.