Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2017 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2017-ufo-challenge-month-t284858.html)

missgigglewings 02-01-2017 06:07 AM

OK...time to commit or be committed! I'm joining this bunch of busy bees because I have a pile of UFOs and a bunch of new ones that I want to start. Going to force myself to finish at least 5 before I jump into my Christmas gifts!
Here's my accountability list:

Blue & white blocks from Boom 7...needs basted and quilted
Batik Blocks from another Boom of Aprils...blocks only
My Dancing Cranes Quilt from a Round Robin here on the QB...needs basted and quilted
Brown & Teal lap quilt...blocks only
Christmas throw..left over from Christmas...ready to FMQ

Santa brought me a new Bernina (a 530)..and it was on backorder, so I am saving the ones that need quilted until she gets here...sometime this month! I am so excited! It was a gift from the Doctor I Nanny for!

MadQuilter 02-01-2017 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings (Post 7754458)
I have a pile of UFOs and a bunch of new ones that I want to start.

Planning to make new UFOs? lol

Fraew 02-01-2017 05:53 PM

I wanna make new UFOs! Where's that thread? He he

happylab 02-01-2017 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Fraew (Post 7754953)

I vote for that, ops, I forgot, I'm suppose to encourage completion of UFO's. I have to remember, Stay on tract, stay on track.

Fyi, I'm working on Bonnie's mystery and didn't get to a UFO this month. I did get almost finished on a tie wallhanging. I also started 3 more projects in January. 2 of these projects will take me a full year to complete.

wannaquilt1 02-01-2017 09:04 PM

Ok I'm game! The King quilt I'm working on right now has been waiting to be quilted through 3 moves now and I'm finally quilting it. I also have a table runner that needs basted and quilted.

oksewglad 02-01-2017 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Fraew (Post 7754953)

Yeah, me too....

rryder 02-02-2017 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 7755098)
Yeah, me too....

LOL. Making new UFOs is my favorite thing to do. Which is why I am a perennial member of this thread. :D

Grinch 02-02-2017 03:23 AM

Excellent, Janice!! Looks good to me!

Go, minibarn! I look forward to seeing the pictures!

Belfrybat 02-02-2017 06:43 AM

Love the finishes I'm seeing on this thread. Although I don't have any finishes for January, I did quilt 6 tops on the Bailey in the past two weeks so they are ready for the binding. That is my February goal: to completely finish the quilted tops. (January's goal was to quilt at least 5, so I'm happy with my progress). I have four more to quilt and then I'm going to push Bailey back up against the wall again for a couple of months while finish the ones I've quilted. I'm beginning to feel like the little train that could.

cherrybsixty 02-02-2017 07:01 AM

Well UFO'ers this is the first time I've was away for a couple days and come back and there is no finishes. We must be getting ready for the January totals.

Happylab (pg 37; 364) That staying on track is hard for me also. Trying hard to keep my featherweights humming.

Belfrybat (pg 37: 369) Push on down those tracks you are making progress.

Happy Groundhog day and make it a good sewing day everyone.