Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2017 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 12-31-2016, 12:43 PM

Default 2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

This is the brand new page for 2017's continuation of our UFO Challenge of the Month. The rules are simple: support and encourage one another to complete our accumulated UFOs.

You can set a goal for each month, but it's definitely not required.

A "finish" is defined as removing a UFO from your stack of incomplete projects. The way you accomplish this is up to you. You can finish the project, pass it on to someone else to finish, donate it, sell it. You see, we are very flexible. Our goal is to reduce the pile of UFOs.

And yes, you can move your UFO to someone else's pile. It's been done before. We are great enablers, too!

All are welcome to hop on this UFO train; we reach out our hands to help you get on. The train will blow its whistle for each new member and we ring the bell for all the finishes that happen!!

It doesn't matter how you count your UFOs; it's entirely up to you. No UFO Police allowed here!!!

We all love pictures so feel free to share whenever another UFO becomes a Finished project!

I'm looking forward to this UFO Challenge. 2016 was great success! Congratulations to everyone who participated last year. I hope you will join again this year and turn a few more UFOs into completed works.

The train will soon be leaving the station. All Aboard!!!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-31-2017 at 08:30 AM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS
Old 12-31-2016, 05:44 PM
Power Poster

Looks like I'm the first passenger...does that mean I need this motivation the most? Hop on board all....
Old 12-31-2016, 05:49 PM

I'll be on this year! I have one baby quilt that is nearly done, just needs the label and some loose threads tucked away. Then I have a good five UFOs I definitely need to finish this year. I quilt kind of slowly, so that is all that I'm setting for my goal.
Old 12-31-2016, 05:54 PM

I'm up for it.. I have a stack 'n Whack quilt I need to quit playing with and just finish. Its Blue and purple pansies on a black background and it's turning out REALLY dark. Probably why I set it aside.
And I have several table toppers and runner s to finish off... and then there's the fishing quilts I need to get done ... and the panels I want to incorporate into a quilt...
When I get back upstairs to my sewing room I will make a proper list and then pick Something ... anything to get started.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-31-2017 at 08:30 AM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS
Old 12-31-2016, 06:06 PM

Here I come too. Realistically, I'm going to put me down for finishing 3. I'll add more if, no , when, I get these 3 done. Happy sewing.
Old 12-31-2016, 06:14 PM

I have many UFO's to finish, but one in particular that is about 1.5 years over due. I am bored w/ it and not inspired so I keep not working on it. I am currently on plan C or D or so in the redesigning b/c the others haven't worked out. I call it "The Mullet" b/c it's business up front (log cabin front w/ blue and ecru) and party in the back (fleece w/ a ball team print that has leperchons (sp) can't remember which team, but it is his favorite.
Old 12-31-2016, 07:16 PM

I have quilts that need quilted and then binding right now there are three that fit in this stack. I just got a pattern for a new quilt in the process of picking colors and fabrics.
Old 12-31-2016, 07:17 PM

I'm definitely in again for 2017. I have around 60 UFO's, but realistically, I'm hoping to finish 6-10 of them this year. If I can just keep from starting more than I finish!!

Linda in Missouri
Old 12-31-2016, 07:20 PM

Count me on board too. I'm working on my Boom blocks, and there are many, that are hiding in their ziplock bags just patiently waiting. I'm doing my current group with the QAYG method and I'm loving it. The ones I'm working on now will go to my oldest grandson. He ask for a quilt when he saw his Mom's Christmas present I made for her.
Old 12-31-2016, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Count me on board too. I'm working on my Boom blocks, and there are many, that are hiding in their ziplock bags just patiently waiting. I'm doing my current group with the QAYG method and I'm loving it. The ones I'm working on now will go to my oldest grandson. He ask for a quilt when he saw his Mom's Christmas present I made for her.
I have a whole plastic bin full of bags of swap blocks! lol Boom swaps and others.