Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 53 1 2 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

This is the brand new page for 2017's continuation of our UFO Challenge of the Month. The rules are simple: support and encourage one another to complete our accumulated UFOs.

You can set a goal for each month, but it's definitely not required.

A "finish" is defined as removing a UFO from your stack of incomplete projects. The way you accomplish this is up to you. You can finish the project, pass it on to someone else to finish, donate it, sell it. You see, we are very flexible. Our goal is to reduce the pile of UFOs.

And yes, you can move your UFO to someone else's pile. It's been done before. We are great enablers, too!

All are welcome to hop on this UFO train; we reach out our hands to help you get on. The train will blow its whistle for each new member and we ring the bell for all the finishes that happen!!

It doesn't matter how you count your UFOs; it's entirely up to you. No UFO Police allowed here!!!

We all love pictures so feel free to share whenever another UFO becomes a Finished project!

I'm looking forward to this UFO Challenge. 2016 was great success! Congratulations to everyone who participated last year. I hope you will join again this year and turn a few more UFOs into completed works.

The train will soon be leaving the station. ALL ABOARD!!!

Blog Entries
    Looks like I'm the first passenger...does that mean I need this motivation the most? Hop on board all....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

I'll be on this year! I have one baby quilt that is nearly done, just needs the label and some loose threads tucked away. Then I have a good five UFOs I definitely need to finish this year. I quilt kind of slowly, so that is all that I'm setting for my goal.
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a Gift!

She who sews shall surely rip

I'm up for it.. I have a stack 'n Whack quilt I need to quit playing with and just finish. Its Blue and purple pansies on a black background and it's turning out REALLY dark. Probably why I set it aside.
    And I have several table toppers and runner s to finish off... and then there's the fishing quilts I need to get done ... and the panels I want to incorporate into a quilt...
    When I get back upstairs to my sewing room I will make a proper list and then pick SOMETHING ... anything to get started.
    GrannyLady - Having too much fun dressing my grandaughters.

Here I come too. Realistically, I'm going to put me down for finishing 3. I'll add more if, no , when, I get these 3 done. Happy sewing.

I have many UFO's to finish, but one in particular that is about 1.5 years over due. I am bored w/ it and not inspired so I keep not working on it. I am currently on plan C or D or so in the redesigning b/c the others haven't worked out. I call it "The Mullet" b/c it's business up front (log cabin front w/ blue and ecru) and party in the back (fleece w/ a ball team print that has leperchons (sp) can't remember which team, but it is his favorite.
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

Blog Entries
    I have quilts that need quilted and then binding right now there are three that fit in this stack. I just got a pattern for a new quilt in the process of picking colors and fabrics.

I'm definitely in again for 2017. I have around 60 UFO's, but realistically, I'm hoping to finish 6-10 of them this year. If I can just keep from starting more than I finish!!

Linda in Missouri

Count me on board too. I'm working on my Boom blocks, and there are many, that are hiding in their ziplock bags just patiently waiting. I'm doing my current group with the QAYG method and I'm loving it. The ones I'm working on now will go to my oldest grandson. He ask for a quilt when he saw his Mom's Christmas present I made for her.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

Quote Originally Posted by Libster View Post
    Count me on board too. I'm working on my Boom blocks, and there are many, that are hiding in their ziplock bags just patiently waiting. I'm doing my current group with the QAYG method and I'm loving it. The ones I'm working on now will go to my oldest grandson. He ask for a quilt when he saw his Mom's Christmas present I made for her.
    I have a whole plastic bin full of bags of swap blocks! lol Boom swaps and others.
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

I'm in for UFO 2017 been making my list going to try to do 1 each month.

Thanks Janice for doing this UFO Challenge

I'll jump in here too. I have way to many UFO's to even list, but there are about 5 in particular that I would like to finish this year (2017). I actually started working on one this past week, and picked up fabric for two others this weekend. I have been away from QB for a while but coming back has inspired me to get back at it.

Happy New Year, everyone!
    Of course I'm onboard for the 2017 UFO train!
    My minimum goal again this year is 12, one for each month. I'm happy that I met that goal last year, in large part to everyone here.
    I have many still waiting to be completed, so 12 is really a drop in the bucket, but it's better than the pile getting bigger!

I would like to join as well. I have quite a few UFOs - too many to count, but I would be pleased to complete six this year. I would love to complete one per month, but that isn't realistic. I don't have as much time to quilt as I would like (although I do have ideas on how to find more time in 2017).

Yeehawww, and we are off and running for 2017. My goal for this year will be 6, as I don't have any easy ones left now that I am wanting to get done. I plan to keep some as flimsies until I know who they are going to, so don't think I will count them as active... more like UFOs in holding.
    Now I am down to the baggies with fabrics, some cutting done and some piecing done but very little. Or baggies with parts of projects from others that need fabrics and plans made for finishing them up.
    This will be fun, but time consuming between my comfort quilt projects.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

I don't like to sound ignorant but. . . what are flimsies?

Blog Entries
    Flimsies...quilt tops completed, but waiting to be sandwiched and quilted....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Count me in. I've got between 20 and 30 that are in various stages. Some will be quick and easy finishes, others will take more time. I think I'll stick with last year's goal of finishing one each month. Since I've got some on-going collaborative pieces as well and one baby quilt that has to be done this month I am going to also set a rule for myself that I am not allowed to start anything new in any given month unless that month's UFO has been completed. We'll see how well that works out

Rob
    1955 Singer Featherweight 221/ Late 60's early 70's White Selectronic 970/
    1975 Kenmore 158.1914/ 1981 Brother VX560/ Brother PC420PRW/
    Brother PQ1500s

Blog Entries
    I'll be joining in for the first time...I have one particular UFO that I started for my son about 4 years ago when he was in college...he was here for Christmas and reminded me that he would still like to have it...a wife and a baby later.

I also need to put the borders on my Allietare so I can get it sandwiched and quilted and I need to pick up the pieces of my Gypsy Wife that kind of got shoved around when I had to clean the guest/sewing room for holiday visitors. I have a t-shirt quilt sandwiched and pin basted but have no clue how to quilt it but I need to get it done...

So that makes 4 (so far).
    attitude is everything...the rest will fall into place.

I'd better hop on board, since I ran out of time and didn't get any more finished last year.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

Blog Entries
    I need to join this again this year along with the fabric moratorium I also joined. I was trying to make myself finish 2 quilt to start one. My UFO pile is way down. But I was counting done as the top pieced. This year I am going to make backs for the finished tops. I piece my backs to use up my stash. Why buy all of that yardage for a back when there is so much stuff in my stash. This year I hope to actually quilt the tops that are finished. I have a longer that was given to me. No Idea how to use it. It is just a simple basic one.. But good enough for me.

I need a definition of UFO. To me , a finished top is still a UFO until it is quilted. I have a bunch!

Count me in. I have too many UFOs to count.

Count me in I managed to finish 6 UFOs last year and have two left to complete. The biggest two but am determined to do so. Seeing all the hard work happening on this thread inspires me to finish mine. Thanks Janice.

Blog Entries
    I'm in again this year.
    Hopefully I'll figure out how to post pictures this year and check in more often.
    Happy 2017 to everyone!
    Veronica

Page 1 of 53 1 2 11 51 ... LastLast