Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2017 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 01-01-2017, 06:45 AM

I need to join this again this year along with the fabric moratorium I also joined. I was trying to make myself finish 2 quilt to start one. My UFO pile is way down. But I was counting done as the top pieced. This year I am going to make backs for the finished tops. I piece my backs to use up my stash. Why buy all of that yardage for a back when there is so much stuff in my stash. This year I hope to actually quilt the tops that are finished. I have a longer that was given to me. No Idea how to use it. It is just a simple basic one.. But good enough for me.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:53 AM

I need a definition of UFO. To me , a finished top is still a UFO until it is quilted. I have a bunch!
Old 01-01-2017, 07:04 AM

Count me in. I have too many UFOs to count.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:19 AM

Count me in I managed to finish 6 UFOs last year and have two left to complete. The biggest two but am determined to do so. Seeing all the hard work happening on this thread inspires me to finish mine. Thanks Janice.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:00 AM

I'm in again this year.
Hopefully I'll figure out how to post pictures this year and check in more often.
Happy 2017 to everyone!
Old 01-01-2017, 08:49 AM

I'm going to hop on board again this year and hope I can ride throughout the year. My goal for 2017 is to Only finish UFO's and NOT start anything else. Hope I can get inspired from all of you. Janice has sure been a good engineer! Hi everyone..again.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-31-2017 at 08:30 AM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS
Old 01-01-2017, 11:14 AM

I am in and starting a spreadsheet of everything I have in the works and adding when I started them so I can get myself in gear. Hopefully! I have several big quilts I need to finish and not been motivated but life if short and you never know when the person that they are intended for might no longer be here to get it. I have one that I never got done in time to gift to the person I wanted it for so I am using that to motivate.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:22 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by bennie0755 View Post
I need a definition of UFO. To me , a finished top is still a UFO until it is quilted. I have a bunch!
The definition is up to you. I have moved my finished tops to the "flimsies" list but no matter how I look at it, they are also still UFOs. I can give you an example what is not a UFO: A top I started in November and have been working on consistently. Now If I finish it (which I plan to do) it will not count against my UFOs. If I get tired of it and put it in the background, it will now be a UFO. Hope that explains it.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:41 AM

Happy New Year team UFO! I'm back with 22 this year. My goal is to finish 1 something per month. I will allow myself to start others (it's an illness, I know) but I want 12 finishes And less than 22 UFOs by year end.

Thank you fabulous conductor for keeping this train rolling.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-31-2017 at 08:31 AM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS
Old 01-01-2017, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by wildyard View Post
Yeehawww, and we are off and running for 2017. My goal for this year will be 6, as I don't have any easy ones left now that I am wanting to get done. I plan to keep some as flimsies until I know who they are going to, so don't think I will count them as active... more like UFOs in holding.
Now I am down to the baggies with fabrics, some cutting done and some piecing done but very little. Or baggies with parts of projects from others that need fabrics and plans made for finishing them up.
This will be fun, but time consuming between my comfort quilt projects.
Wildyard, I have several that are in the "baggies with parts" stage, so maybe you and I can really cheer each other on!!

Originally Posted by Fraew View Post
Happy New Year team UFO! I'm back with 22 this year. My goal is to finish 1 something per month. I will allow myself to start others (it's an illness, I know) but I want 12 finishes AND less than 22 UFOs by year end.

Thank you fabulous conductor for keeping this train rolling.
Fraew, yes, it's an illness... but this is an addiction that keeps our minds working, being creative, instead of killing our brain and body with some other kinds of addictions, like alcohol or cigarettes.

I joined the 2017 Fabric Moratorium too, so we'll see how this goes this year. If I can finish at least 12, and not buy any more fabric, I will be very proud of myself... and I will probably have lots of room for new purchases in 2018, LOL!