Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2017 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2017-ufo-challenge-month-t284858.html)

Janice McC 03-31-2017 07:02 AM

Grinch, I missed this finish when I checked yesterday. Oops! Congratulations and toot, toot!

Originally Posted by Grinch (Post 7794360)
OK, I finally finished a UFO. This was started last year - I had it cut and some blocks sewn together, but had to stop to work on a different project that had a deadline. I am giving it to a friend tomorrow. I can't seem to get the photo to upload, but I promise I completed it.

Janice McC 03-31-2017 07:05 AM

Love cheddar! Congratulations on this beautiful mini UFO finish. (YOU determine the "UFO-ness" of a piece.). It's lovely. Toot, toot.

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 7794990)
I finally finished a UFO too. I made this mini quilt last fall (how old must an unfinished project be to call it a UFO?) I used bit corners from my 2015 Bonnie Hunter mystery. I love cheddar reproduction fabric most so I really like this being finished. It took me SIX months to hand quilt! Not because it was difficult. I'm just very easily distracted... I'm not sure if you can see the hand quilting or not. :D

cherrybsixty 03-31-2017 08:06 AM

Sheri R, you won me over with your color choice (brown family) and the hand quilt made me take the second look, beautiful work and an awesome piece. Happy sewing day everyone.

joe'smom 03-31-2017 08:25 AM

That's so pretty, SheriR! I have a new appreciation of cheddar since following your progress on the last two mysteries.

QuilterMomma 03-31-2017 08:30 AM

Beautiful SheriR, I love this fabric as well. Has to feel good to finish it since it took you six months.

QuilterMomma 03-31-2017 08:31 AM

Oh guess what, no, no more finishes from me this month, but hopefully five next month depending on quilting time. But I get to go to Duluth, MN for the quilt show there. Husband is letting me leave the state by myself to go to a quilt show to view judging for my certification. I am excited. Can't wait to go.

MadQuilter 03-31-2017 08:41 AM

SheriR that's very pretty and elegant.

QuilterMomma - lucky you! Enjoy and please tell us about your experience.

cherrybsixty 03-31-2017 01:45 PM

QuilterMomma, I am excited for you, please let hear of your experience, that sound so wonderful. Hope that it's not that much of a challenge. Happy sewing everyone on my way to work on my May finish.

oksewglad 03-31-2017 02:31 PM

QMomma...the MN show is a great show, I try to get to it when it's closer to home. Congratulations on your certification process.

LTeachergeorge 03-31-2017 08:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally have a couple finishes. These are charity quilts made for the Honor Flight attendees. The one with stars was a 3-year-old UFO. Even worse, yesterday I found a top that I thought was quilted and long donated!! Guess I'd better get busy.[ATTACH=CONFIG]570779[/ATTACH]
Linda in Missouri