Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2018 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2018-fabric-moratorium-t293585.html)

Teen 03-25-2018 04:03 PM

Oh, wow, Krisb....that was close! Lol!! I have 2 things in my Craftsy cart that have been there for 2 weeks. One is a kit I have had my eye on forever...60% off right now....I really just want the pattern but that's not available without kit. I hate when they do that...

oksewglad 03-25-2018 07:45 PM

Kudos for asking the question...do I need it or not? With my recent quilting finishes and another baby quilt today as well as several bound potholders YTD total is a -36 yards of fabric..That yard of fabric bought early this year is the only fabric I've purchased so far...scary, but rewarding to know I've been getting rid of stash. In fact rearranged fabric on shelves and I have a couple of empty spots...no I will not buy new to fill those spots!

Conchalea 03-26-2018 05:56 AM

Way to go, OK! It’s hard, isn’t it, to refrain from filling an empty space on your fabric shelves? I admire your self-control.

Irishrose2 03-26-2018 07:43 AM

I need to go into the lion's den again (LQS). I need enough of a red metallic for binding. Wish me luck, no, wish me strength.

happylab 03-27-2018 06:07 AM

Petthefabric - your rail fence quilt looks very nice, I like the colors. I’ve tried that several times and end up with train off the tracks rail fence. Top would not lay straight. Who would think �� a 1/8” would make a difference? LOL. I have some blocks finished. I’ll see if one day I can finish for a charity quilt some day. Just not today.

Rob, your quilt looks nice. Great job!

Bluebell, I like your plan. Camper, sewing machine, fabric... great idea. LOL

congrates oksewglad on -36. Great incentive for the rest of us.

irishrose2 good luck in going to the lions den.

Since it’s close to the end of the month. I need to calculate my +’s and -‘s so far this year. So far my +’s will be way larger than my -‘s due to large buy in January. I got carried away with all of the new year’s sales. Plus a shop hop. Plus a buy for a Olaf reverse throw quilt. 2 projects not started. But fabric wash and ready to cut. Olaf just needs to be quilted and sent on her way. But a few UFO’s are on the list first.

Teen 03-27-2018 04:23 PM

I cut 2 more yards off the bolt for SBS project. I still have a lot still on the bolt for backing and I will likely use a bunch of little scraps for applique border. So glad I decided to use these 2 bolts in this project...I've gone through most of my teal and yellow stash. I have enough to finish this project then I'm going to make some throw pillows. If you suggestions on patterns,mI'm open to them. The SBS is a busy quilt so I was thinking of a not so busy pattern for throw pillows. Larger pieces...you know what I mean?

petthefabric 03-27-2018 05:47 PM

Yesterday I bought fabric. It was $5/yd, down from $12. It's a line I've liked for a long time. Figured what to make with it. So I got the different patterns to make my quilt. Felt a little guilty. On the other side, finished 2 more comfort quilt tops. So, net is -~85yds. It's not going to stash. It's going right to production.

Conchalea 03-27-2018 07:18 PM

This afternoon I finished the top of the quilt that caused me to jump off the wagon earlier this month. I used some stash & most of the fabric I bought for the quilt. I’ll use the largest piece for the back, so my net gain was probably close to zero, or even a little in the negative column. So that leap didn’t add to my overall stash of fabric, just the scraps, strips, & strings.
I’m very pleased with my top & can't wait until it’s sandwiched, quilted & bound. My younger daughter loves the eye-popping colors in it, so it may go to her. My older daughter only said, “well, it’s very bright, isn’t it?” I don’t think she appreciates the wild colors as much as her sister & I do!

MadQuilter 03-28-2018 02:44 PM

I have a birthday coming up and people have been asking for ideas for presents. I started thinking about it and the list of what I don't need/want kept growing: fabric, thread, books, templates, rulers,..... One think on the list would be needles. Of course I talk big now. Just wait til I go to Maui for my birthday. I have to/get to combine the birthday and travel exemption. That might be a big fall.

retiredteacher09 03-28-2018 05:07 PM

Oksewglad and Petthefabric: Great negative yardage.

Martina: Enjoy your trip!