Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2018 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2018-ufo-challenge-month-t293707.html)

happylab 08-07-2018 03:57 PM

I'mmm back. I'm trying to post results for July. Our grand tally was 13. The following people contributed to our totals. Toot, tool and let the confetti drop. Thank-you everyone.
Sync, Lteachergeorge, Dedemac, Happylab (3 - 1 was passed on), JJBlaine, SuzzyQ, Krisb, rryder (2), Kristakz (2).

happylab 08-07-2018 04:00 PM

So far this month August, we have 2. One from Oksewglad and one from rryder. I have a few I'm working on this month. My BHMQ 2016 & a Halloweeen twister= enlarging to queen size. Happy sewing everyone.

oksewglad 08-07-2018 07:45 PM

Got pics taken...now only if I can find my camera!

oksewglad 08-10-2018 08:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my August finish from post# 1005. Quilt top made by someone else I finished this UFO for Binky Patrol. Note to self do not put a quilt on the LA and come back 2 months later to finish...one forgets what one has sewn. also white thread in the outer border is hard to see and hard to tell where you have already stitched. But it sure hides the mistakes!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]599250[/ATTACH]

Sync 08-10-2018 10:15 AM

Congrats on the August finish, oksewglad.

Rose_P 08-10-2018 05:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I haven't posted a completed UFO in a long time, but while looking for something else, I happened upon some blocks and sub-units I'd made so long ago I don't remember the name of the pattern. I thought it was by Bonnie Hunter, but I can't find it on her site. It may be from a book, but I don't know which. In any case, this was intended to be a big quilt, but when I found enough to do this I just wanted to put it together and call it done. I guess it will need a sleeve to be a wall hanging because it's a little too big to be a mini or table topper. It's 25"X30". All the fabric except the binding and yellow pinwheels were cut from old cotton shirts, and I'm sure that much was inspired by Bonnie Hunter. Does anyone recognize this? It's a wonderful, simple pattern, and I'd like to credit whoever came up with it.

oksewglad 08-10-2018 06:18 PM

Oh and what lovely quilting Rose_P!

Rose_P 08-10-2018 07:42 PM

Thank you, oksewglad! It was done with the embroidery machine. It's a little cumbersome re-hooping for every square, but the 20 squares took about 4 1/2 hours to do. It could take a lot less time (and a lot less thread!) if I'd picked a single run pattern rather than these bean stitches, but I figured for such a small project, it might be worth trying.

Congrats on your August finish, too! If I had a longarm, things would definitely stay on it until the muse sings to me, which could easily take months.

cjsews 08-11-2018 04:07 AM

I had this class at guild seveal years ago. It was called spinning rails. Nicely done with shirts

happylab 08-11-2018 05:40 AM

We are up to 4 UFO's this month. Let's hear it for our finishing UFO members. Yea!!!! Toot, Toot!!!! Horns blearning, drums drumming.

Oksewglad, Such a nice pretty UFO. I like the design and colors.

Rose-P, I like your finished UFO. Such a simple pattern and yet so pretty when put together. I'm curious what size are your blocks.

Rryder, I so look forward to seeing your unique art quilt designs. It's such an great eye catcher.

Retiredtecher09, A nice UFO finish.

This month I plan to finish 2 UFO tops. the 1st is a Halloween top my Neice wants. It is currently a throw size, she wants it enlarge to a queen size. I had used the 10 inch twister ruler and now I need to add 30" of borders all around. I decided to make large 1/2 square triangles with left over fabric and black fabric. Then add a black solid border to finish the top. That is a this week project. My second project is to redo the BHMQ 2016. I'm switching out the yellow 3.5" squares with 1/5 sq purple and background 3.5" squares. Since these projects won't be quilted yet, I plan to have them as a September finished UFO. I need to find a coupe of UFO projects I can finish this month. Anyway, happy sewing and quilting everyone.