Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2018 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2018-ufo-challenge-month-t293707.html)

kristakz 08-18-2018 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Teen (Post 8112786)
retiredteacher....wow...your addition looks really cool. That was really a creative touch. I really like this...

Krista....you amaze me with your perseverance toward your UFO commitment. And, every project is unique and colorful. This is a really beautiful quilt. Neat pattern... Well done..

Thanks Teen. I rarely make the same quilt twice, so I look for the different and unusual. And I love mysteries (this was one) so I often don't know what I'm going to end up with when it's done.

rryder 08-18-2018 06:20 AM

retiredteacher09- those additions look like they were always meant to be part of the pattern- good job!

Kristakz- congratulations on getting another UFO finished-- I really like the way the solid colors emphasize the graphic design on this quilt!

My second August UFO is on hold while I wait for some wool batting to show up (hopefully sometime today).

Rob

joe'smom 08-18-2018 06:38 AM

JJBlaine, I think your quilt is really charming. Congratulations on sticking with the hand quilting, it looks great.

retiredteacher, what a lovely group project, and super idea for enlarging the quilt.

Krista, that is such a pretty mystery quilt!

Sync 08-18-2018 11:44 AM

JJBlaine - sweet holiday row quilt. Good job with the hand quilting, this just shows how an hour here and there will add up to a finish.

retiredteacher - way to go with enlarging that project, it certainly looks original to the design.

Krista - such a pretty mystery

retiredteacher09 08-18-2018 04:51 PM

Krista: Congratulations on the finish of your mystery quilt. It is very pretty.

Thank you for the compliments of my quilt top. I was happy to find those colors in my stash and suspect some of them may have come in as a donation from the lady that did the main part of the wallhanging. :)

I really struggled with getting the parts together correctly. I think I only had to unsew a couple seams but I had to really concentrate to get them right the first time. I am sure there was a much easier way to assemble it but my mind needed to do the leaves that were going in one direction first and a row at a time. Then do the other direction.

Krisb 08-19-2018 10:03 AM

Retiredteacher, those tessellated leaves are awesome! Understand what you mean about having to do them in a specific order to keep things straight. Did the same with my tessellated pine trees border. Great completion!

And Krista, your quilts always just amaze me.

Dedemac 08-22-2018 06:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Some awesome work going on! I've been reading every few days but can't post from my kindle anymore?

I have been busy with stuff coming in from the garden but did manage to sew a bit today.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599917[/ATTACH]

With luck I can sandwich it tomorrow and quilt some spiderwebs on Friday. So I may have a finish for August? We have a wedding on Saturday and will be hanging out with the wedding parents next week. Don't know how much sewing will happen.

Teen 08-22-2018 06:56 PM

That is really neat, Dedemac....spiderweb quilting will be really cool on that...

QOV #1 top done (Not UFO) and going to quilter next week. Leftovers will be used in 2nd QOV. Also using scraps from Green Tea quilt to make a matching pillow for it...probably 2 pillows... Feels good using up these scraps...

oksewglad 08-22-2018 07:42 PM

That's the spirit Teen...keep those scraps at bay...LOL wish I could!
Dedemac--nice little table runner!

rryder 08-23-2018 03:11 AM

Nice tablerunner, Dedemac!

Rob